fuel/air mixture screw location?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BRIAN K

Reaction score
i have a 2001 wolvy 350 that kinda pops and sputters on idle but not real bad tho...where is the fuel/air mixture screw located at on the carb after reading a few other post on here im thinking it may need a lil adjustment

Bottom of the carb, right in the middle on the front side. If you've never messed with it before there may be a brass plug over the screw.

Ok thanx man as far as i know its never been messed with b4....is there a certain way i need to adjust it or do i just play it by ear and listen for it too smoothe out?

Ohh and what its doing is at idle speed in neutral it kinda popos or burps if that makes any sense to you its very suddle but has died b4 when it does it....also snorkeled but did it b4 i snorkeled it also

I'm no carb expert, but the way Ive always done it is adjust the idle a little higher than normal then turn the screw out so its idling good. Then turn it in until it starts to run like crap, and then back out to where it just smooths out again. Then turn your idle back down.

Mine is doing something similar at the moment, barely idling and backfiring when I give it a little gas. I think I need to clean out my pilot jet. Have you cleaned your carb lately? I had this issue on my DRZ last year, and cleaning the carb and replacing the pilot had way more of an effect than when I just tried to mess with the air/fuel screw.

Nahh i havent cleaned it recently but i do run carb cleaner fuel treatment in every tank of gas that i run thru it just seems to be a cheap preventative measure i take cause i ride prolly 3-4 times a week and at least 6-8 hours a week....i love my wolvy but wish it had more low end torque since im running 26" outlaw mst's and cant seem to find a clutch kit for bigger tires for it

I took the carb apart today and cleaned everything including the jets. Put it back together and its running perfectly. Smooth idle, no dying or backfiring. Give it a try.

Back