Front sprocket change

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frit91

Reaction score
I am currently running a 14 tooth front 40 tooth rear set up. How much of a difference in low end power will it make if I go to a 13 tooth or 12 tooth front and leave the rear alone? Also, i am running 22x10x9 rear tires.

13/40 is stock gearing with 22s and 12/40 will give you more responsive low end quickness than stock. If you go down you get quicker bottom end, if you gear up you will be faster top end basically is how it works. If your 14T is still good I have a 12 and a 13 I could trade whichever you want to try. Note: Remember 1T in the front sprocket is equal to roughly three teeth in the rear so its a pretty significant change.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I am unsure of the condition of the front sprocket. I was just wondering if that was an easy way to gain a little low end grunt since I basically just trail ride. I figured I would get another sprocket and try it and if I wasn't happy I could just go back to what I already had. I appreciate the info but I am not interested in trading, I hate having my quad out of commission and not being able to go ride when the mood strikes and I only have the sprocket that's already on it. If I get a new sprocket soon and like it and you still want my 14 tooth, I will send it to you. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back