Front spacers

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geeessfore

Reaction score
Im sort of on a budget and cant afford arms right now. I was wondering if the 3" spacer kits are safe for trail riding. Has anyone had them fail or break studs off?

Ya I read a few but no one chimed in on them breaking. The 3" kit is 1.5" on each side and thats what I was hoping to use for the time being.

Tyler have you seen any problems or do they loosen up at all?

I was thinking about flipping them as I work at a wheel shop and can just get flush mount valves.

To me either way sucks for widening it, i'd rather leave it stock. Mine was widened with the wheels flipped when I bought it and didn't realize how much different it made the quad ride until I got standard offset aftermarket wheels. The steering was so much better and the suspension worked better too, not worth sacrificing for a little extra width that really doesn't help anything.

If you are still set on doing it, flipping the wheels is definitely the safest way, it doesn't add additional points of failure like spacers do. If you use spacers, get the ones that are blocks that bolt to the hub and have their own studs. The stud extenders are sketchy as ****, not worth taking the chance of getting hurt if they break to save a few bucks.

i really like the design of my g-force spacers, highly recommended if you decide to get spacers. ive been riding hard on them for over 2 years now with no problems. but like above stated, i would not to run spacers with a flipped rim. yea and i think the g-force spacers will add 3 inches of total width to your front end, so there 1.5in a piece. i dont think id run a spacer thats any bigger than that

i ride the same "peg" style that tyler does and i ride equally hard ( busted a few tie rods with the spacers on as well) no problems with the spacers.. however.. when you run spacers and flip the ris you leave your calipers open to get busted up.. i tried it..( there should be pics on here somehwere) and and switched them RIGHT BACK when i realizer how easily you coudl bash the pee outta the caliper/rotor/etc..

Back