Front/Rear Tire Size for Warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giles45shop

Reaction score
All,

I'd like to replace the tires on my '87, but I was wondering about the size difference between front and rear. I'd like to go w/ a 20" rear, which would probably mean a 21" front, but I have chance to buy a set of 22x7x10's for cheap. Would a 2" front to back difference be too much??

Currently I have the stock 22x8x10 on the front and 22x12.5x9 Super Swampers on the back. The backs are way too big, so that's why I want to go to a 20" tire. I ride for fun on trails, woods, etc.

Any opinions appreciated!

Thanks,

John

I would rather have the 22's on the front than the 21's, but it's personal opinion here. I don't see how a 1 inch difference could be noticable at all though, without having otherwise identical machines side by side to compare the difference.

I currently have that combination on mine.22" fronts and 20" rears. Works good in the woods though I did give up some ground clearance when I went down to the 20" rears

Well other then ground clearance, does anyone know of any advantages of going with a larger diameter front tire? The only one I can think of would be rolling over taller objects easier since the center of the tire is higher. Although a 1'' taller tire would only give you 1/2'' taller ride height (a 21'' tire would yield 1/2'' shorter ride height than a 22'')
~Bill

The first thing that comes to mind that a little more sidewall will provide is a little more cushing on jumps and bumps with the extra sidewall, but at the same time that also means more sidewall to roll under on hard cornering ???. So I guess it is a wash.

Back