front master cylinder

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluethunder86

Reaction score
can someone tell me if the front break master cylinder is compatible through all the years on a warrior. i got an 88 master cylinder that is junk and not worth rebuilding. i can get one right now that came off a 99. i know it will fit my bars but will it fit my pressure break line connector?

The brakes just don't work. You wont feel any pressure when you pull the lever. Thats usually about it. If you pump the lever several times really fast and no pressure builds, it's no good. Most times you can rebuild them, but a good used one costs about the same as a rebuild kit, and you don't have to fool with it.

how would you tell when a mst cyl. goes bad....i know the signs on a vehicle but not atvs

well mine did not have a cap on it when i bought it. i took it apart last evening and the piston inside was broken in two, the spring came out in rusted bits, there was half a rubber boot left, and the snap ring was only partially there. so that was why mine was junk. for all the innards it would cost less to buy used/rebuilt on ebay.

If it works out for you let me know. I have an 87 that the front master is out in and was curious about the same. I think they are the same but not sure.

Latest posts

Back