Front Brakes Locking Up

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Likibow

Reaction score
Hi I'm new in the forum looking for some help and hope to help you as much as I can, thanks for letting me be part of this community!

I have a 1996 warrior rebuild-ed front top to bottom but every time i'm riding when i stop for a break the front brake lock up and have to use a 8mm wrench and when i loosen the bleeder it squirts brake fluid it then i tighten the bleeder and i'm ready to go don't know why they are doing that and I've cleaned the caliper checked the seal everything is ok, any help is appreciated thanks!

Bought it like this

http://s1241.photobucket.com/user/Likibow/media/2012-05-13113603.jpg.html?filters[user]=127504771&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=1

six month later of hard work

http://s1241.photobucket.com/user/Likibow/media/20130428_143808-2.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

The front master cylinder is probley in need of replacing.
Have you changed the fluid?

Sounds like bad master like Alex said or a blockage in line. If you kinked the line it may not be flowing back to master.

thanks for the help i'm gonna borrow a friends master from a 2003 warrior and test it out, beastmode17 thanks for offering me the part but i'm way far from USA and the shipping cost is gonna be very high

anyway i can upload pics so you can see my ride seems that the links i copied don't work

It's really just a newer style master cylinder, I imagine its plug and play.

i ve had the same problem. after a a small ride the brakes lock up.i let it cool and the wheels would spin again...
it was the thumb throttle pressing just a little bit against the brake lever enough to rub the pads against the disc causing the brake fluid to expand due to heat and lock the brakes.

well I've checked and what i found was the push rod seal was broken and brake fluid was coming out of there, then i noticed that the seal inside where broken too, had no brake fluid pressure in the lines, when i pulled the lever it was extremely soft, anyway bought a new master today got pressure, lever is how it used to be so i'm gonna test this weekend and see if my brakes don't lock up this time keep you posted.

Back