Front alignment

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aces3

Reaction score
I bent a tierod a few weeks ago. All on could use some ideas on getting the wheels straight. Measuring doesnt seem to get them straight.I wsas thinking pulling up to a wall and using a yardstick. I have heard that you want them toed a little. Suggestions or what might I watch for any common mistakes,etc.

I bent a tierod a few weeks ago. All on could use some ideas on getting the wheels straight. Measuring doesnt seem to get them straight.I wsas thinking pulling up to a wall and using a yardstick. I have heard that you want them toed a little. Suggestions or what might I watch for any common mistakes,etc.

did you replace the tie rod? if not you need to replace whatever is bent or you might not be able to get 'em straight.

On the racecars, when we are in a bind with no measuring tools available, count the threads showing on each heim then just set the new tie rod to the same numbers. As long as the heims aren't bent, it should be the same

did you replace the tie rod? if not you need to replace whatever is bent or you might not be able to get 'em straight.

Sorry no to make that clear. Yes I replaced the tierod!!!

I tried the counting but didnt work too well. So I am eyeballing it. The alignment was always off just a little.

Thanks for the replies

Use a straight edge (2x4 should work) to get you close. Line it up with the rear wheels.

tie a rope tight around the quad at the middle of the tires, when the rope sits flat against the the tires your adjustment is correct. I have done this myself and it worked great the first time I tried.

Hmmmm Tires are straight but handle bars arent. Gave up trying. Dendad I like the idea. 2x4 worked but not the way you think. back tires and front tires dont line up. Also I think when I wacked that tree I bennt the a-arm just slightly, not enough to notice but enough to effect alignment.

Latest posts

Back