From old school honda big red atc to yamaha warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluethunder86

Reaction score
hi all, names patrick. i just picked up an 88 warrior ready to ride for $600. guy road it a few times and didnt care for it, more interested in the honda 400ex. its faded and dusty, everything works, starts right up, goes through all the gears and reverse. clutch could use some work when winter rolls around. air box has some cracks in it and front lights are missing, good treaded tires. iv bought and sold a lot of older atvs and atcs and i got my normal check list that i go down through before riding. i usually change the oil, empty and clean the gas tank, clean the air filter, thoroughly clean the carburator, and adjust the breaking.

iv been riding honda for a long time now and yamaha and atvs are new to me. can you guys give me a run down of things i should check or go over before riding a used and old atv? anything will help even if its things to watch out for or common things that break or wear out quick.

So let me get this staight... You just got an 88 1st gen warrior, and your name is Patrick?! Did you steal my quad and my identity? LOL! Good to have ya, together we will take over the forum, whaa ha ha! JK. Things to look for on these bikes are the intake manifold (rips) and the ball joints. Good thing for you is that if the ball joints are bad you can bolt up a set off a arms from an 87. Then you will have replacable ball joints, this is what I did. 88 is the only year that the 87 arms will bolt on to. Also, inspect the steering steem bearing, they do go bad as well. Btw, is your bike red and white?

So let me get this staight... You just got an 88 1st gen warrior, and your name is Patrick?! Did you steal my quad and my identity? LOL! Good to have ya, together we will take over the forum, whaa ha ha! JK. Things to look for on these bikes are the intake manifold (rips) and the ball joints. Good thing for you is that if the ball joints are bad you can bolt up a set off a arms from an 87. Then you will have replacable ball joints, this is what I did. 88 is the only year that the 87 arms will bolt on to. Also, inspect the steering steem bearing, they do go bad as well. Btw, is your bike red and white?

Gen1Pat thanks for your input and knowledge of 87 arm swap. as for the identity theft im not that inclined to hack peoples info lol, and my warrior is faded blue rear fenders and black front ones with white center. ill post some pics this weekend

Back