friggin chain rollers

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorspeed350

Reaction score
:mad: what the he!! me and my dad cant figure out why the heck the gosh dang chain roller keeps busting :mad:

it is the one on the frame by your left heel guard

what is the deal and it is gonna start getting expensive at 10 dollars a piece and they break within 20-30 minutes :mad: :( ??? :-/ :'( :eek:

aww wtf who put me as forum bitch? who ever did can at least mann up unless there a puss

The only person who has access to your profile is yourself. So you man up puss!!

if you're breaking chain rollers i'd have to say you either have too much or not enough slack in your chain. You should only have a total slack of about an inch and a half. If it's too tight it might break the roller when the suspension compresses and the tightened chain hits it. If it's too loose it could break it just from the extra slack smacking into it constantly. I still have all the original chain rollers on my warrior, so it's not something that breaks under normal wear.

[quote:51njb1kh] :mad: what the heLL!! Me and my dad cant figure out why the heLL the goD daMN chain roller keeps busting :mad:

FIXED![/quote:51njb1kh]

:eek: hes not allowed to say that

lol lmao

i just need something ...... anything that wont bust..........dad thinks it is jewish and ghetto (no offence to anybody) and he wont let me do it

you need to figure out why it's breaking. Something isn't right if it breaks them that often. My stock roller is worn about half way through to the center and it still didn't crack. I don't see how the problem could be that the roller is too weak if they can last as long as most people's do.

I would go with the chain being to tight/loose theory first. I have had my chain roller since stock with no problems, but I also keep my chain with in spec. You should have a total of 1" play (a half inch up and down). The answer is not to buy a roller that wont break but to find why it is breaking...

The first time it broke, was right after the chain was adjusted at the Stealership. Chain broke at the same time, so I figure the busted chain took out the roller.

Warriorspeed and Corky had the chain replaced by a friend who's very capable and I am sure he had it within spec.

I don't get it. :mad:

The first time it broke, was right after the chain was adjusted at the Stealership. Chain broke at the same time, so I figure the busted chain took out the roller.

Warriorspeed and Corky had the chain replaced by a friend who's very capable and I am sure he had it within spec.

I don't get it. :mad:

I am sure he is capable of it but unless hes worked on Warriors; if you don’t adjust them right (the chain tension system is a pain in the ass and un-like most quads) it will come loose again and you will get hella’ slack in your chain once more. I think I need to drive up there and come riding and take a look at this quad you guys have; now I am just curious about this chain roller "problem" people are having.

I am sure he is capable of it but unless hes worked on Warriors; if you don’t adjust them right (the chain tension system is a pain in the ass and un-like most quads) it will come loose again and you will get hella’ slack in your chain once more. I think I need to drive up there and come riding and take a look at this quad you guys have; now I am just curious about this chain roller "problem" people are having.

Well, he races his Raptor so unless the chain tightener is different...... I don't know.

C'mon up! Me an' the older son are planning on riding on Saturday. One last time before I tear her down for (part of) the winter.

[quote:nyv27gkc]I am sure he is capable of it but unless hes worked on Warriors; if you don’t adjust them right (the chain tension system is a pain in the ass and un-like most quads) it will come loose again and you will get hella’ slack in your chain once more. I think I need to drive up there and come riding and take a look at this quad you guys have; now I am just curious about this chain roller "problem" people are having.

Well, he races his Raptor so unless the chain tightener is different...... I don't know.

C'mon up! Me an' the older son are planning on riding on Saturday. One last time before I tear her down for (part of) the winter.[/quote:nyv27gkc]

Racing doesn’t make your a mechanic either though, most racers are dumb as a rock when it comes to that stuff or only know their own bike. Their "sponsors" hook them up with shop hours, materials, and products. How long does it take to get to you from here? What time on Saturday? Where do you guys go riding? What is there? Is the kid with the 660 racing flat track… What are you currently drinking? What time is it in Nevada? What is the current barometric pressure in your back yard?

Racing doesn’t make your a mechanic either though, most racers are dumb as a rock when it comes to that stuff or only know their own bike. Their "sponsors" hook them up with shop hours, materials, and products. How long does it take to get to you from here? What time on Saturday? Where do you guys go riding? What is there? Is the kid with the 660 racing flat track… What are you currently drinking? What time is it in Nevada? What is the current barometric pressure in your back yard?

Jesus Christ, man!

I realize racing doesn't make you a mechanic, but he seems to know his ****. Apparently knows more than the idiots at the local Stealer anway (no offense).

Not quite sure of the exact plans for Sat. yet. My son just told me he may have to work. We are not too familiar with the trails around here yet, since we've only had the Warrior about 2.5 month or so.

takes about an hour to get to where we were going to ride from your place. Hour and a half from your place to mine.

[quote:wbetse8w]Racing doesn’t make your a mechanic either though, most racers are dumb as a rock when it comes to that stuff or only know their own bike. Their "sponsors" hook them up with shop hours, materials, and products. How long does it take to get to you from here? What time on Saturday? Where do you guys go riding? What is there? Is the kid with the 660 racing flat track… What are you currently drinking? What time is it in Nevada? What is the current barometric pressure in your back yard?

Jesus Christ, man!

I realize racing doesn't make you a mechanic, but he seems to know his ****. Apparently knows more than the idiots at the local Stealer anway (no offense).

Not quite sure of the exact plans for Sat. yet. My son just told me he may have to work. We are not too familiar with the trails around here yet, since we've only had the Warrior about 2.5 month or so.

takes about an hour to get to where we were going to ride from your place. Hour and a half from your place to mine.[/quote:wbetse8w]

Haha I am not putting his mechanic skills down at all; when it comes down to it we are all backyard mechanics. But I was just saying that because a lot of people go oh well he races (automatically assuming they know **** about ****), you know what I mean? I don’t know it's one of my pet peeves... lol

My favorite ones are when people go I RACE (even if its flat track); I will beat you in the woods because I race (as if people can't ride because they don’t "race" lol). Or like racing makes them better then everyone at riding - racing is just a title I hate when people use it to distinguish their knowledge or ability.

OMFG YOU RACE!? YOU MUST BE AN ELITE MECHANIC AND A EXPERT RIDER :-O! haha

Just let me know about Saturday I am down for the drive. I want to get out of this area and just go some place new; are the tolls real expensive?

Back