fresh rebuild dont kno what cc im at anymore

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I'm usually not one to beat up on the new guy. This whole thing sounds SO sketchy to me. I can sort of believe its a stock stroke with a versah rod or whatever. But is there any spacers between the cylinder and crankcase? Do you have any pics of the engine? Can you find the numbers off the rod? (I know, it's pointless to pull apart the engine for this.)

Alex, knock it the hell off! You have already been warned by a mod, and now I've just had it. How do you KNOW Vesrah never made a crank for the Warrior???? Did you work for them? Do you know how many companies and aftermarket suppliers used to (A) be in the business, and, (B) used to make parts for quads!?!?! Vesrah has been around for about as long as quads. They make all kinds of engine and clutch parts for MANY models. What's to say they didn't make a crank some fifteen or more years ago when the Warrior was still considered a "performance" quad?

Case in point, my ATC350X has only 3 piston sizes available for it. Stock 81mm, 81.5, and 82mm. In either 10.5 or 12:1. And, only from wiseco. Just three days ago, I stumbled across a NOS 83 MILLIMETER 11:1 White Bros piston made by Arais on ebay!!!! I have never seen one before and probably never will from now on. But, that piston may have been a HUGE aftermarket item waaaaayyyy back in the late 80s and very early 90s.

So, before you EVER open your fat mouth, stop and think about this **** from now on. There are things that you will never know, and things that you get educated on EVERY SINGLE DAY. All you have succeed in doing it making a true ass of yourself, and are loosing respect with ever post you just made in this thread. The OP has not been a schmuck at all this entire time, he has only defended himself against a child's temper. He came here looking for advice, and was not a dick about it, and has shown that he thinks of himself as a know it all. Thus far anyway. Think before you talk tatertot.

Sorry OP, ive been an complete ass throughout this whole thread, and I truly shouldn't have been. and pat I've just had one of those days man. :argh: I'm being a bitch I just need to gtfo I guess.

Thanks gen1 and I will be first to admit I am not a kno it all but when it's something I've seen and searched on thats only time I will stand my grounds and no I do not have any spacers between cylender and crank case but I do have a little thicker than stock jug to head gaskit shop got for me after he milled my head smooth

My piston with head off comes flush to top of jug with head off I have not had any issues so far as for hitting piston on plug or valves. I was very nervous tho when first putting back together I turned it over by hand with head bolts loose to make sure it was going to be ok

And this may be a dumb question to but why are you guys keep asking about the clearence issues when a plus 2 is way less then a +7 and they clear ?

The +7 stroker crank runs a spacer in between the crank case and the cylinder to be able to run the extra 7mm of stroke. It's actually not a dumb question at all lol

Well see I never knew that thanks for info now I know if I ever run one makes since why you had doubts about the 2

I don't think you understand vesrah has NEVER made a crank. They make connecting rods and other various products for off road vehicles. So yet again your theory is crushed.
If the connecting rod is a +2 mm rod it would have Clearance issues with the head (deck height issues) but anyway. It's not going to add any CCs to your engine, unless the OEM or equivalent crackshaft was modified.

Don't wanna get involved in this pissing match lol but you can have a longer rod in a stroke but the wrist pin must be moved up. So find this better because of piston angle and can make short skirts less drag blah blah. But to make a +2 the wrist pin must be moved 4mm. But is this a true stroker. My opinion no. The rod journal has to be moved in my opinion along with the wrist pin.

Don't wanna get involved in this pissing match lol but you can have a longer rod in a stroke but the wrist pin must be moved up. So find this better because of piston angle and can make short skirts less drag blah blah. But to make a +2 the wrist pin must be moved 4mm. But is this a true stroker. My opinion no. The rod journal has to be moved in my opinion along with the wrist pin.

Well i belive The pissing match is over :gayfight: lol but that's the point I was trying to make the whole time. Measurements would have to be taken to know if its a true stroker.

Well ether way it is what it is numbers were ran at shop n that's what it came back as and as far as the wrist pin it could be further out then stock idk didn't pay that close attention to it I mean damn we are talking mm ppl something u don't notice at a glance but if so idk there isn't any back yard fab work done to that area if it is moved it was machined but it's over now and I am just so thankful everyone had their 2cents into this topic as it wasn't my ? I even asked..just goes to show this world is going to **** and everyone knows it all thanks for the ones that tried to help answer my question from the info that was given

Well ether way it is what it is numbers were ran at shop n that's what it came back as and as far as the wrist pin it could be further out then stock idk didn't pay that close attention to it I mean damn we are talking mm ppl something u don't notice at a glance but if so idk there isn't any back yard fab work done to that area if it is moved it was machined but it's over now and I am just so thankful everyone had their 2cents into this topic as it wasn't my ? I even asked..just goes to show this world is going to **** and everyone knows it all thanks for the ones that tried to help answer my question from the info that was given

Wait wait wait... We're going back to this? I apologized to ya didn't I? Yeah I'm a know it all sometimes it's part of my personality. Deal. The world ain't going to **** it's changing and you obviously don't like it. Guess what I got to say? Deal.
So stop cause now your starting **** not me.

Oh, and your question was answered. Pat gave you the formula. Figure it out! Lol

Hey I wasn't talking to you nor starting anything read what I said never involved you and yes pat was the only person that replied to info I gave instead of trying to prove ones smarts etc thanks and like I said done with this topic

Back