Fox Float Shocks

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recently installed Fox's Float front shocks on my 350. They are the same ones that fit the older Yamaha Raptor 660. They are lighter and a bit more comfy than the stockers. Not many miles on em' yet but seem to be working fine so far. FYI

Yeah, that's really interesting. The wheels in my head are turning...meaning Raptor 660 shocks will bolt right on to our machines...Hmmmmm. :lol:

When I contacted Fox and asked if they had Floats for the 350 wolverine they said no, but then told me to measure the distance from where the shocks bolt onto the A-arms and onto the frame. I jacked the machine up, removed the shocks and measured. The guy at Fox said that measurement is the same as the Raptor 660. They fit right up when I got them, no hassle at all.

Ive heard of guys running the factory Raptor 660 shocks on Wolverines. Lots of guys with the 660 Raptors run the factory 450 shocks or the factory 700 Raptor shocks because they have a piggyback resevor. It is possiable that the new 700 Raptor shocks with the Remote resevor will work on our wolverines, Im not sure!

I guess in theory they would? If the 660 shocks fit the Wolverine, whatever fits the 660 "should" fit the Wolverine. If course, we'll never know until we try to install them.

I'm wondering what could be done to upgrade the rear shock.....

Hi guys..I did a little research..Well it seems this mod is pretty much useless for the 660 shocks..It seem that the OEM 660 shocks will cost you about the same as getting a Works Performance set up for your machine with much better springs..It was a nice thought..But I still havent found anything price wise that is a better deal with good performance..(plus the Raptor is much lighter than the Wolverine,so they probably would suck anyway..

2000wolvy said:
Lots of guys with the 660 Raptors run the factory 450 shocks or the factory 700 Raptor shocks because they have a piggyback resevor.

This is an interesting option. If I had both of my quads here, I could try switching the shocks from my 450 to the Wolverine. Unfortunately, one is in NJ with me, the other is in PA :cry: I really need to get the two together to find out what is interchangable and what is not...

toddmh said:
Hi guys..I did a little research..Well it seems this mod is pretty much useless for the 660 shocks..It seem that the OEM 660 shocks will cost you about the same as getting a Works Performance set up for your machine with much better springs..It was a nice thought..But I still havent found anything price wise that is a better deal with good performance..(plus the Raptor is much lighter than the Wolverine,so they probably would suck anyway..

Did you price them new at the dealer? I bet used ones are cheaper on e-bay.

Glenn said:
toddmh said:

Did you price them new at the dealer? I bet used ones are cheaper on e-bay.

yeah new through the place online I buy all my OEM stuff..
http://www.powersyamahaparts.com/
I woulden't even waste my money on used shocks,you don't know how they were beat on..
But I've been searching for months now,and it always comes back to the same thing..All Yamaha OEM shocks kinda suck,even the YFZ shocks,most racers buy ELKA's and send them out to be set..

Back