found a reducer/insert in the head pipe today

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frit91

Reaction score
I rebuilt the top end of a friends warrior for him. He had always been saying that the guy he bought it from said it had a "power valve" in the exhaust. I just ignored him and let him go on his happy way believing that his bike was special. I mean if you say power valve to me in reference to an atv or motorcycle i think 2 stroke, so, whatever. Back to what I found. So I have the thing all back together and go to put the header pipe back on it and notice that it has an insert in it, it's about 1.5 inches long and reduces the inside diameter of the head pipe where it meets the head. It reduced the diameter by about 1/8 inch or so. It fits snugly in the header pipe like it was suppose to be there. I have never seen one in a warrior exhaust before. I have had 3 warriors and didn't have one in any of those 3. So, what the hell is it? Sorry, no pic, didn't have my phone with me. I have searched for a couple hours and can't find what that thing is or who even sells it. I have checked microfiche from different years and no luck finding it. I will say that his warrior has always had amazing low end power, better than any of mine ever had and his motor was stock when I tore it down. I even think it had stock gearing when he got it, as my friend put a bigger front sprocket, 14t, on it to keep the front end down. Any ideas on whether it is aftermarket or what it is or why it was put in here?

I rebuilt the top end of a friends warrior for him. He had always been saying that the guy he bought it from said it had a "power valve" in the exhaust. I just ignored him and let him go on his happy way believing that his bike was special. I mean if you say power valve to me in reference to an atv or motorcycle i think 2 stroke, so, whatever. Back to what I found. So I have the thing all back together and go to put the header pipe back on it and notice that it has an insert in it, it's about 1.5 inches long and reduces the inside diameter of the head pipe where it meets the head. It reduced the diameter by about 1/8 inch or so. It fits snugly in the header pipe like it was suppose to be there. I have never seen one in a warrior exhaust before. I have had 3 warriors and didn't have one in any of those 3. So, what the hell is it? Sorry, no pic, didn't have my phone with me. I have searched for a couple hours and can't find what that thing is or who even sells it. I have checked microfiche from different years and no luck finding it. I will say that his warrior has always had amazing low end power, better than any of mine ever had and his motor was stock when I tore it down. I even think it had stock gearing when he got it, as my friend put a bigger front sprocket, 14t, on it to keep the front end down. Any ideas on whether it is aftermarket or what it is or why it was put in here?
I've never heard of one, but if he likes the performance with it in, then I don't think it will hurt anything other than maybe the motor running a little hotter.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

P.o. was contacted, finally, and he said it was sold as a "torque valve" by White Bros to go along with the E Series muffler. He said it came packed by itself in a box stamped with white bros on the side. I never saw one before so now if y'all run across one you'll know what it is.

hmm this is interesting i have never heard of that either... might need to look into such a thing

Latest posts

Back