????for the warrior experts

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adam4by4

Reaction score
Whats the difference between the yellow rear shock spring and the red rear shock spring on a 1987 warrior??

so yellow paint costs 18$ more than the red huh???

well one is also backordered at yamaha so ?????????????????? Thanks for nothing!!

Well how are we supposed to know? Do we look like spring experts to you? Nope...sorry, but its only common sense...one is red and one is yellow. :eek:

Well how are we supposed to know? Do we look like spring experts to you? Nope...sorry, but its only common sense...one is red and one is yellow. :eek:

wow....his post title does ask for an expert opinion, duh?

Ok since were all being funny today! There are two springs available from yamaha for the rear shock of an 87 warrior one is yellow one is red! The yellow one is on back order the red is not . The yellow one is also $20 more in price brand new than the red one. So in slowed down speaking , why would the spring thats more expensive be the one thats on backorder? Is it better?? It must be because apparently everyone is looking for that spring. Now I ask you how is it exactly the same other than color? Its not, something is either better or more desired than the red one . It was a simple question to someone that KNOWS what the difference is . If you dont know, then why keep wasting your life posting answers to questions that you have no ******* idea what the answer is? Save yourself some keystrokes and next time just move on,

I never heard anything that would make me think there's any difference other than colors. I think if there were different strengths that they would put it in the part description.

Ok since were all being funny today! There are two springs available from yamaha for the rear shock of an 87 warrior one is yellow one is red! The yellow one is on back order the red is not . The yellow one is also $20 more in price brand new than the red one. So in slowed down speaking , why would the spring thats more expensive be the one thats on backorder? Is it better?? It must be because apparently everyone is looking for that spring. Now I ask you how is it exactly the same other than color? Its not, something is either better or more desired than the red one . It was a simple question to someone that KNOWS what the difference is . If you dont know, then why keep wasting your life posting answers to questions that you have no ******* idea what the answer is? Save yourself some keystrokes and next time just move on,

Easy killer. They havent changed the warrior shock set-up for a very long time. There is no diffrence between the 2 springs, one is not better, one just has a diffrent color paint. Yellow paint may cost more, or maybe in that year it was a limited edition color thus adding the extra 20 dollars.

And finnaly just to persuade you, you either heard your dealer wrong or he is trying to make 20 bucks. Both springs and shock absorber assemblies are the exact same price. But the springs alone are only 2 dollars diffrent in price, the yellow one being 2 bucks more, this is only due to a more expensive paint or at least thats what i would bet.
http://216.37.204.206/alba/Yamaha_OEM/YamahaATV.asp?Type=13&A=12&B=25

Thank you ! Thats what I was looking for ! Good lookin out my man!

np bud, those parts diagrams will let you know anything you need to know. If the 2 different springs had different part numbers then i might think something was off, not just a different color code while ordering it.
~Bill

Also Yamaha Charges in some cases 40$ + more for black plastics then blue!!! Why? Just cause they are black! :mad:

Bastards...

Or and extra $500.00 for Yellow plastics as opposed to Blue!!!

Back