Flywheel pulling

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyinacez

Reaction score
Hey guys, anyone know of a way to pull the flywheel off without using the special tool? I'm putting a new crankshaft in so I also need to pull the cases apart and I cant get the damn clutch basket off? I had no troubles with my other warrior but this one is stubborn...any tricks would help!
Thanks

relly to pull the flywheel off you would half to buy a flywheel puller and for the clutch what is it you are having trouble with getting the nut off of the lock ring that holds the basket in place from coming off

ya the clutch basket keeps turning, I have tried holding it in place with a strap and a wrench and using a breaker bar and that sucker wont loosen. I think it would be cheaper to take it in an have a pro take it off real quick then buying the special tool for the flywheel.

are u useing a aircompresser if u are you need a bigger gun or just your neighbors if they have one with a gun or just go to a dealer or a maching shop or a automanic shop gas station

I got mine off without an impact wrench, but it was a pain in the ass. I had to hold the clutch in place with a tool I made, while somebody else pulled on the ratchet with a big ass breaker bar. If you know anybody that has an impact wrench, see if you can get a hold of that.

pisses me off cause I got my other warrior clutch off in a heartbeat. I'm gonna take it to the dealer tomorrow an have em pull the clutch an flywheel....Thanks guys

sound like yous all impacs wrenches are a little weak i think its time to go bigger like half inch maby orm just upgrade the one u have

I didn't have an impact wrench while I was replacing my clutch, i didn't even have an air compressor until christmas

Latest posts

Back