Flywheel degree key and mods

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97warrior350

Reaction score
Its proboably on here but how hard is it to put the vitos timing key in amd how do you do it? Also would you gain much by lightening the fly wheel and how much?

Ya need a flywheel puller to remove the flywheel & then it's as simple as swapping out the woodruff key. Lightening the flywheel will make the engine a lil more rev happy but at the sacrifice of the momentum that the heavier flywheel carries into the next gear after your shift. It really comes down to the type of riding you do, if you're a woods/trail rider ya mike wanna leave the weight or find a happy medium where ya don't have as much weight removed. Some guys on here have done it though.

thanks i woods ride about half the time and the other half im getting ready to take on a couple guys so how much chould i take out maybe 3 oz.

i know duncan does something like that but my dads friend is getting alot of machine shop stuff and his son went to college for machining so i will see when they get it set up if they will do it

Not to sound like a know it all dick head and i do most of the riding with my kid in it dunesbut. I did the vitos key swap and didnt think much of it. I did a gear swap and it was a new bike

Back