Flush Valve Stems

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're going to use flush mount stems, try Summit Racing. You can get a pair of their (Summit Racing brand) stems for $5.00. The Ebay link didn't work for me, so I don't know how much they were there, but the other one was more than double that.

dang, i wish i would have known about the ones at summit racing. didnt really need to buy 4 of them.

Just to make sure... You have to mount these from inside the rim don't you, having to take your tire off of the rim or at least break the bead..???

Yeah, you'll need to break the bead.

If your going to break the bead there is no reason why you shouldnt just drill a hole and install a valve stem on the other side. Its cheaper and you will be able to put air in your tires if you need to. JMO

If your going to break the bead there is no reason why you shouldnt just drill a hole and install a valve stem on the other side. Its cheaper and you will be able to put air in your tires if you need to. JMO
but if you move the valve stem to the other side of the rim, you still need the flush mount ones to fill the old hole.

instead of filling the old hole with flush mount valve stems, you can get normal valve stems put in upside down. that is what yamarider did with his.

instead of filling the old hole with flush mount valve stems, you can get normal valve stems put in upside down. that is what yamarider did with his.

Be careful, if you end up getting a flat, then you will have a valve stem inside the tire. I don't think it should cause any trouble to the tire itself, but you may end up pushing the regular sized, but inverted valve stem out of the original hole, and not be able to refill your tire until you break the bead, and reseat the valve stem.
~Bill

I don't think that's even possible. Even if somehow you got a flat, kept riding it, and the tire got pushed in so far that it hit the inside valve stem, how would it get pushed through? Once a valve stem is in there, it's in there.

I was talking about the full length ones when inverted, so the long part of the valve stem is on the inside of the rim acting as a plug for the original hole in the outside of the rim (which is now the inside when flipped).
If the original valve stem is on the inside of the tire when the tire goes flat, wouldn't the weight of the machine decompress the tire to the point where the original full length valve stem will push against the ground/inside of the tire when it rolls past that part of the rim?

I'm not sure if it would, it's just something that popped into my head, considering the length of the factory valvestems are like 1- 1 1/2'' long.
~Bill

The factory valve stems on mine were less than an inch long, and at the angle and position they mount at, I don't think they would get hit if you ran with absolutely no tire. Even if the tire would touch them, it takes a hell of a lot to dislodge one. I'd think one on the outside of the wheel mounted normally would be more vulnerable when trail riding, and I never saw one get dislodged from the wheel.

yea, and they are (mostly) rubber so they will bend. Rather than just popping out.

Back