flush mount valve stem

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akaguppy

Reaction score
i ave been looking on how to do this and was wondering ow well do te flush stems hold up compared to regular valve stems? i ad a local shop tell me tat they got away from them because after about two months tey started to leak air. anyone who as flipped their wheels please let me know which way ya did it and how are they holding up.

I just drill new holes on the opposite side for the new valve stem then pull a valve stem to the inside in the original hole. I fill up the exposed hole in the reversed stem with silicone.

I just drill new holes on the opposite side for the new valve stem then pull a valve stem to the inside in the original hole. I fill up the exposed hole in the reversed stem with silicone.

^^^ same thing i do. When you put the stem in backwards leave the valve core tightened in it, and the cap on.

^^^ same thing i do. When you put the stem in backwards leave the valve core tightened in it, and the cap on.

LOL!! I probably should have added that, but figured it would be a given.

I used to waste time having the holes welded up. Bad deal about that is if you want to run extended a-arms and flip the wheels back to original offset you get to start over. This way you can always revert back easily.

i had mr. gasket flush mount valve stems on my brothers old blaster for years with no problem at all. i also have a set of warrior wheels with two stems in them that i havent ever had a problem with either for that matter. i just liked the idea of having the flush mounts because a valve core is not meant to seal in the opposite direction. just my personal preference though. both ways work just as good so pretty much down to if you want to spend the extra money on the flushmounts or not

I have flush mount stems in the wheels on my truck.
They've been on there over a year. Threw slush, snow, and mud.. They still hold air.
I think they look cool.. lol

i m more on the drill a new hole on the other side idea right now and just flip them inside out for now, tank ya all for the replies

I did the ones on my Warrior probably 3 months ago and they have not lost a bit of air. I left the cap on as stated and I put silicone in the open end that faces the outside.

Now what's the easiest way to pop the bead on the tire so this can be done? Without taking them to the tire place my buddy and I put new front Firelli Race Rails on his warrior and we couldn't pop the old tires beads to get them off the rims we ended up using a dremel and cut the bastards off the rims.

And what size hole do I drill for the new valve stems?

Last edited:
I have a home made bead breaker that a friend made for me. It is for car tires but with a few boards to space things, I can do ATV tires too. I wouldn't think a tire shop would charge much to break it down for you.

update for this i ended up using something that is like jb weld putty and it has held up great, i took the valve out and made it like this -I- the putty in an I shape.

Latest posts

Back