fix an oil leak

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dillon14dj

Reaction score
hey guys my warrior seems to be leaking oil at the bottom of the case somewhere but im not 100 % sure where. it only seems to leak when it sits for awhile. i know this may be dumb but i bought some jb weld and put it on the bottom. and i didnt see a leak for a bit but just went out and theres oil on the gound.. it looks like it might be coming from the bolt/screw (or whatever it is.. it has a wire coming out of it? or plugged into it) thats on the left side near the bottom

it looks like it might be coming from the bolt/screw (or whatever it is.. it has a wire coming out of it? or plugged into it) thats on the left side near the bottom

thats the neutral indicator peg. You should be able to un-screw it and if there is no seal on it or in there, you can put some thread tape on the threads then bolt it back in really snug and the leak should stop.

yup, dillion is it in front of sprocket? you should clean engine first, b 4 just slapping JB weld on it. find leak 1st b4 just pokin n hopin, thats how we get pregnant!

yup, dillion is it in front of sprocket? you should clean engine first, b 4 just slapping JB weld on it. find leak 1st b4 just pokin n hopin, thats how we get pregnant!

yes, and i did i clean the bottom (as it said on the pack to clean the spot be4 putting it on). and i was thinking it was that spot all along but the didnt know what that wire going to it was for so never touched it.

and alright i have some thread tape already so i'll give that a shot if it doesnt have a seal or anything on it

oh right. and that wire thats on/in it what is it for? can i pull it out without messing anything up cuz i cant undo the nut/bolt with that wire in it. i tired pulling on it a lil but it didnt move..

Its the neutral indicator peg, as I stated in my previous post.

It sends the relay to the neutral light, if you don't have the stock stem cap or relocated the lights elsewhere then you will see no difference if you unplug it.

Its the neutral indicator peg, as I stated in my previous post.

It sends the relay to the neutral light, if you don't have the stock stem cap or relocated the lights elsewhere then you will see no difference if you unplug it.

sorry it was a hot day yesterday. but i dont have a neutral light at all

Back