Finished oversize oil cooler

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

89warrior

Reaction score
Well here is the final project pix of my oil cooler install.
ee32355d.jpg

ee324310.jpg

ee32404d.jpg

ee323d29.jpg

ee323995.jpg

ee3235c8.jpg

I have been on 4 trail rides sense i have finished this mod. I have not had any issues at all. Been through deep mud, water, grass, small trees, sand. Works very well.

Looks nice but due to the sheer size of it I'd try to find some of the wire mesh that Warriorspeed350 has under his hood to get some protection on that, a stick puncturing that can cause some problems that would be tough to fix on the trail.

Other than that it's looking nice and I bet it works great.
~Bill

Holy shiting bitches......

that thing is huge lol why would you ever need a oil cooler that big?

Holy shiting bitches......

that thing is huge lol why would you ever need a oil cooler that big?

Lol, I like to be different, Plus the cooler was free so I had to figure out a way to mount it. So I came up with this. Works very nice. I only have $10 in the hole cooler set up. But I did have to buy a skid plate to protect the oil lines. So there is another $50.

What did you think you was going to see? The title of this topic is "Over size oil cooler" come on now use your head.

thats awesome man, i bet it keeps it cool, did you use the tutorial were you drill your stock cover??

thats awesome man, i bet it keeps it cool, did you use the tutorial were you drill your stock cover??

Yes but not from this web site. I have asked questions on it before and you guys have sent me links on how to install it. It was very ez to do.

lookin nice i got to put mine on when i get a chance the one i got from death a while back its been sittin on the box all cleaned up ready to go but i took my bike down to pain the frame and a few other things and ill get to do that soon sence i got the motor out.

if a roost rock/stick hits that and fractures/breaks it ur oil will be gone in a second bro.

a lot of oil at thaT... which when buying oil will put a dent in ur pocket for how much it is now a days and enough oil to fill it

due to the sheer size of it I'd try to find some of the wire mesh that Warriorspeed350 has under his hood to get some protection on that, a stick puncturing that can cause some problems that would be tough to fix on the trail.

Any sort of metal mesh would serve as some form of protection.
~Bill

[quote:cj617pp7]if a roost rock/stick hits that and fractures/breaks it ur oil will be gone in a second bro.

a lot of oil at thaT... which when buying oil will put a dent in ur pocket for how much it is now a days and enough oil to fill it[/quote:cj617pp7]

never mind the oil expense, how about the cost of a rebuild

if a roost rock/stick hits that and fractures/breaks it ur oil will be gone in a second bro.

Yes I was thinking about putting some metal mesh around it, Because everyone who see's it says the same as you guys. I think it's fine the way it is. But Whit everyone telling me to protect it more, that might be a sign from "GOD"

Yeah,you prob should protect it,but you should also stash a very short piece of tubing on your quad to bypass the cooler,just in case.

if it broke, you could just run a rubber line between the two fittings on your case to totally bypass the cooler.

Back