Finally got my next project car!!!!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gen1Pat

Reaction score
Well, as most of you may rememeber, I sold my 49 GMC 1/2ton to hopefully buy a '66 el camino with a 396/m21/factory Hurst shifter/factory A/C car from a customer of ours. I called and left her a message about a month ago and have not heard back. Called her Friday, same thing. She's a crackpot, so I wasn't expecting to buy the damn car anyway. Well, this morning on CL I come across an all original 1970 AMC Jevelin! Inline 6, 3 speed on the floor, with factory A/C that works! Guy threw in a 360 out of an 87 grand wagoneer. Got everything less the brake shoes to rebuild the brakes, vintage 1970 tags, owners manual, warrenty booklet, extra grill, etc... All for $850 and it runs! Needs very very very minimal body work. Only need to replace the rear quarters and do some extremely small patch work just on the inside of the trunk. Floor is 100%, so are the rockers and the engine compartment. Only need to replace the windshield far as glass goes. I don't have any pics right now, but, this is what she once looked like. Only she doesn't have the cowl induction hood.

jav_front_lt_qtr_tilt.jpg

Yeah I'm excited! I'm going to make it drivable so I can tool around in it, and take it to the local car shows. It may not be super pretty, but, it is a cool ass car. And, while I drive it, I can replace the quarters and do the other minor body work it needs. I'm going to sell the 360 and build a 350 I'm picking up this week.

It's been on mine for a while. I NEVER thought that I would ever own one. It's really a sweet car. I'll take some pics tomorrow. I'm already on ebay looking at parts.

I'm still not too sure what I'm going to do with it engine wise. I love small blocks, but like you said, keeping it all amc is doing something special. I'd like to do that. It will be easier to use the amc engine.

No it doesn't. That one you posted is a '71-'74. They raised the fender height on them then.

This is pretty much the exact car that I bought. Only mine doesn't have the white vinyl quarter top.

4684452914_ca14fdf0ca_z.jpg

And this is how mine looks from the back.

1969-amc-javelin-sst-rear-3.jpg

Back