fenders

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elwood

Reaction score
So I've read a few threads and seen lot of pic of cut fenders. I want to to cut the gray 2" strip off my front fenders. What I would like to know is what do you think is the best tool to use to do this, and should I leave it on the bike or take it off when I trim it. I was thinking leaving it on because it would be more stable when I cut. What do you think?

thats exactly how i did mine. i ended up leaving them on and used a jig saw. people have also used utility knifes, dremels. pretty much just about anything that will cut, but i prefer jigsaw or dremel for ease of maneuverability. no matter what you use youll still have to sand the edges to get them smooth and burr free. when you do it just take your time and it should come out good.
heres a pic of mine right after i did it:
2010-03-31185952.jpg

The cuts look good, thanks for the info Another question for you, I see stress makes in you fenders, or I think thats what they are. They are gone in othere picks, did you use the torch trick to get rid of them?

no mine were so bad and faded with age that there really was no way for that to work, i tried. i ended up sanding the plastic with a very fine sandpaper cleaning it and hittin it with some krylon fusion paint. its actually stuck very well, a few months back i actually had the left fender bent when a tree got behind the bumper. and it still looks good. Luckly the blue fusion paint matched the yamaha blue almost perfectly.

Thanks 1998yamahawarrior, I drilled out the rivets then cut it with a jigsaw, took a file to it, then sandpaper and lastly some 0000 steel wool. Then I drilled a small hole on each side and put a little nut and bolt threw it they only had 1 rivet holding the white and gray together on the outer side of the fender

222.jpg

111.jpg

Last edited:
man everytime I look at the seat it reminds me thank god I am getting that gripper. The vinyl paint just doesn't last lol

looks good man!! i know the feeling on the seat but mines just getting wore out. not to mention mine so do anything for the color scheme i have going on

i might do this to mine now that i see how good it looks. the trim is black on mine but it would look a little better without that extra inch on there.

i might do this to mine now that i see how good it looks. the trim is black on mine but it would look a little better without that extra inch on there.

i debated about doing it for the longest time. after i did it and got everything else cleaned up i dont regret it one bit. as things go i my cut more later but not until i get more done.

The only other trimming I would do now is trimming the back off, but I would only do that if I only rode it in the dunes. Since I take it on trails I want the spash and rock protection they provide.

Latest posts

Back