fat boy rear shock

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poorboy

Reaction score
newbie here but not a rookie.I have a 2001 warrior with a 8" over swing arm and am pushing #275.stock shock with white spring cranked all the way down.quad drops about 1" with out any weight on it.now everyone says to go to the 2001 Raptor shock but what is the differance between 2001 and later years?what should I be looking at for a cheap way to go for a set-up that would work for a fat guy like me?thanks a head of time.

01 660 raptor has remote rezzy all 02 and up have the rezzy directly mounted to side of shock so it will hit the swing arm on the warrior

I,ve seen 2001 for sale that were not remote ressy's so what's up with that?and how does it hit the swing arm if it is the direct mount?also what spring color is the stiffist?

the rez is mounted to the side of the shock so when the spring compresses the rezzy will hit the swingarm on that side
01 660 springs are white

I,ve seen 2001 for sale that were not remote ressy's so what's up with that?and how does it hit the swing arm if it is the direct mount?also what spring color is the stiffist?

Those are the guys selling the shock saying it a 01 but its not beware of them f ers lol

youll come across those a lot. people think they are interchangable and they arent. im 270-280 and i use the banshee rear with a banshee dog bone and i love it.

Jordy,what color spring are you running?I've seen them with yellow,black,white,red and pink.just wondering which is stiffest

before everyone calls the people on ebay liars you should know that some late model '01 doesn't have the remote reservoir.. a friend of mine owns an '01 that has attached resevoir

my guess is it was different factories switched sooner or something

before everyone calls the people on ebay liars you should know that some late model '01 doesn't have the remote reservoir.. a friend of mine owns an '01 that has attached resevoir

my guess is it was different factories switched sooner or something

Well then someone switched it or Its not a 01!

Last edited:
Back