fan

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

87warrior

Reaction score
has any one thought about putting a fan off a nother quad on a warrior to cool the motor down if u dont want to put the oil cooler on your bike i got to thinking about it and i might do one for my bike when i can find a fan somewhere that can take the abuse

It just depends on how much a fan is going to cost and how much more it will help. You can buy the oil cooler parts for the big bear for right around 100 bucks then by the time you by the oil cooler and lines you might be up to 130 total. And after a direct shifter I'd say your at 150. 150 isn't that bad of a price for that set up.

It's been done before. The fan from the raptor 660 is a good fit from what i've read, and to get it blowing the right direction you just hook the wires up with the polarities reversed. I still couldn't imagine a cooling fan doing much by itself though.

I'm thinking about putting a small cooling fan on my oil cooler, just for when it's idling or running hard. The problem there is finding a fan that's both the right size, and can handle the abuse. A computer fan would be perfect, but I don't think it would hold up against water and dirt. I'm going to tear one out of an old computer power supply and give it a try sometime when i'm bored.

The computer fan works quite well...........I toggled mine just for wood s riden at lows speeds.
I dunno about a power suppy one. There low rpm fans.

AS for the water...........well it kills it dead if ya soak it...............It'll spin slow til it cleans itself out......... It never blew a fuse doing it and its going on its second summer.

For the few bucks invested dont be afraid to try it. : )

Adding a fan to an air cooled machine sounds like a waste of time in my opinion. Cooling the fluid running thru your machine makes great sense. If that is not enough, add a fan or small tranny cooler to make the added system even more efficient.

You really want to keep the oil cool so it doesn't break down. That is what protects your engine the most.

If I was to sign on to your train of thought - create some kind of air ram that will push more air thru your cylinder fins. the faster you are going the better it will work (and no moving parts)-

The computer fan works quite well...........I toggled mine just for wood s riden at lows speeds.
I dunno about a power suppy one. There low rpm fans.

AS for the water...........well it kills it dead if ya soak it...............It'll spin slow til it cleans itself out......... It never blew a fuse doing it and its going on its second summer.

For the few bucks invested dont be afraid to try it. : )

What kind of fan did you use if you didn't use the type in power supplies? One of the bigger CPU fans?

It was an 80 mm 4500 rpm no name generic fan.............
My cooller is a little smaller than what you guys are using.

Ya had more room up fron than me.......My Cdi and headlights and harness is in the way for the larger style.

Its nuthing special for a fan though.....it does pull a nice breeze through the cooler...........Mine was like 4 bucks...........it was a cheeepo

Actually before i even tryed it....i went over to the sink.........flipped it over filled it up............shook it out and hooked it to the battery...............Dam thing chugged a little and took of spinnen...........lol

SO now i just make sure I run it after I wash the quad to clean itself out.........

If you could find a way to mount a 120mm fan on yours , that would be killer..............or 2 80 mm

Make sure its rated at 4 to 5000 rpm.............or its not going to do much of anything. If the 120........could be slower....they move some nice air

Latest posts

Back