Extras

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mudwanker

Reaction score
I have a 2002 warrior motor in an 87 frame. The guy that had it before me gutted the pipe to make it sound like an aftermarket. I don't think he re-jetted it when he did it but when I pull the plug out its no white from running lean. It still has a little black to it which from what I understand is good. Problem is when I jump on the throttle real hard it likes to stall out or I get a second or two before it kicks in. Why is it doing this?

Also, what is the purpose of the air scoops. They look cool but what do they do? Could you guys send me some pics and instructions of how to make them. I have a metal break here in the shop and would be interested in doing a set if someone set me some details or pictures of how they did theirs. And how you attached them also.

To further figure out your problem id get a new plug and do two plug cops (one bottom end one top end) and then go from there. As far as the scoops, the ones ive seen on here really don't do **** for directing air towards the motor but that is their supposed purpose (to direct air flow at the motor); in reality they are just another place to put stickers. To mount them you simply use the gas tank bolt holding it onto the frame.

When you say you pulled the plug out and it’s "no" white did you mean it’s not white or snow white? Also if it was jetted the person who jetted it may have forgot to check the boot on the accel pump and push it down below its notch.

Latest posts

Back