extended steering stem

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
id like to get a little more height on my steering stem, the bars feel a little low to me. i was thinking another inch should do the trick. aftermarket stems are pretty damn pricey. i browse ebay regularly hoping to snatch up a nice used one for a good price but havent really seen anything pop up. what i do see is a guy selling stock stems that have been lengthened. im curious as to what your guys thoughts on this are. my uncle is a welder/fabricator by trade and im sure he could do it. ive searched on here and havent seen anybody that had attempted this before, unless im missing something. what i did find by searching is that some people are running risers on the stem, something i never really though about but would certainly be a lot easier. curious to hear your opinions and thoughts as to which way to go on this.

He is a previous member and deff would trust his welding

ok good to know. im curious to the advantages/disadvantages to extending the stock stem vs an aftermarket stem vs risers. i guess that was the main point im trying to get at.

gotcha. kinda what i figured. any thoughts on risers? crap or not bad?

Back