exhaust

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone seems to like HMF the best, but heard good things about Yoshis.

I have a used stage 3 DG xcellerator w/ arrestor, full pipe I'm selling for $100 obo shipped. Not the greatest pipe, but better than stock. But that's if only you're interested.

i have a white brothers e series and i was in love with the tone and sound you get and you can change all that by messing with the disks, people say its a pain in the ass....its really not at all

thanx alot im lookin at a chromed hmf pipe with a mid pipe also on ebay for 250 dollars buy it now and i think its a great deal what do u think?

I do like white brothers exhaust and yoshi. I also like the old suppertrapp exhaust as you can tune the end pipe to give you ass load of torque or top end power.

i have a stage one jet kit in my quad now but i can feel that when im ridin it gives it a little bit of pep but it doesnt get enough air out to work right im goin to get a hmf pipe and an aftermarket airbox to put the stage three jet kit in it what do you think

Jetting "stages" is just a dumb thing dynojet came up with (to sell their jet kits, which are just an unnecessary way to burn money). The term really has no meaning, they just refer to jetting in stages becasue it makes newbies think it's high performance stuff. I'm not sure how you could have got more power out of rejetting if you don't have any kind of mod yet. If you jetted larger you're probably too rich now.

I'm not sure exactly what you were asking, but yeah, a pipe, clamp-on filter kit, and a rejet is a good start to getting some extra power out of your 350.

its not even a dynojet kit but whatever i dont know **** really about the jet kit situation i do know how to work on quads though and i do all my work my self but i was new with the jet kit and it has bigger pins and bigger screws that go into the carb the higher the "stage" so what the **** is that supposed to mean then??

The stage thing, like I said, is just something dynojet made up. There really aren't set stages of jetting in the real world. Maybe they were trying to make it easier to understand for those that have no experience with this kind of thing. What most of us go by is not stages, just what size jets and what settings we're running on the carb. Typically you'd go 1 or 2 sizes up from the stock jet when you pipe and filter, but with a dynojet kit that kinda goes to hell because they use a completely different sizing scale.

When I first got my White Bros, I also got the Dyno jet kit with K&N airfilter, mine ran really good with the 140 main.

yea i just finished orderin an hmf slip on thats candy blue and i also got the outer wear lid like u guys said for added performance because leaving the lid off with no cover at all is just stupid btw the jet kit that i have is fmf

thanx alot im lookin at a chromed hmf pipe with a mid pipe also on ebay for 250 dollars buy it now and i think its a great deal what do u think?

I think they mite be cheaper at motosport.com plus if you spend 100.00 they ship for free.

leaving the lid off with no cover at all is just stupid

I must be the biggest fool of all then...
http://photos.toast.net/slideshow.asp?user=rikoster&album=warrior/paragon&index=8&timer=&PictDisp=0
and yes, i'm sure my carb isn't messed up from it. I ride in mud and water all the time with no airbox lid, just an outerwears on my filter, (used to run a uni with no outerwears) and the inside of my carb and intake is as clean as can be.

fyi, all the jet kits sold, including fmf and moose, are made by dynojet. The only one that isn't is GYT-R, which uses regular mikuni jets.

The HMF kicks ass. I've had this one since HMF hit the market, I was one of the first, if not THE first guy on this site to have one. I don' t have any complaints about it, it's a very well built and designed exhaust. I'm coming up on about 2 and a half years with it now, so it's due to be repacked, but it's still performing and sounding good. I can't wait to repack it and see what the results are, because I know the packing has to be horrible in it now, there's usually roots and crap in it by the end of a muddy ride.

Latest posts

Back