exhaust wrap

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered a 2 15 so I should be good

But, you want a 2 25 roll if your doing your header is what I was saying. For the suggested overlap, you'd want a 25 footer to reach the mid pipe. You want to start in the back and wrap forward to make the overlaps aerodynamic. I'd suggest expecting to wrap it, then re-wrap it to compensate overlap for distance covered down the pipe. Sorry if i didnt communicate that right.

Last edited:
So your wrapping it twice?? And 15 should be enough to just do the header alone

So the 15' was just enough after you did it right?? Did you have any left over ??

No, 15ft was not enough. I used 2 15' rolls to wrap the header and mid pipe. 2 15ft rolls was not enough to get from the engine down to the muffler. I had to start over and overlap less than suggested to get the wrap the entire header, so 25ft of roll is needed to wrap a header, and 15ft for the mid pipe.

Last edited:
No, 15ft was not enough. I used 2 rolls to wrap the header and mid pipe. 2 15ft rolls was not enough to get from the engine down to the muffler. I had to start over and overlap less than suggested to get the wrap the entire header, so 25ft of roll is needed to wrap a header, and 15ft for the mid pipe.

Damn 25ft just for the head pipe geeze that's alot. over lap wrapping is half of the width correct? are you over lapping more then half the width?

So your wrapping it twice?? And 15 should be enough to just do the header alone

1 layer. Not 2 layers. I was wrapping the header with a 15ft roll and ran out so i had to unwrap what i had gotten done and re-wrap it(this is the second time i was talking about) and not overlap as much

Damn 25ft just for the head pipe geeze that's alot. over lap wrapping is half of the width correct? are you over lapping more then half the width?

yes, 1 2"x25' roll to wrap the powerbomb header with overlapping half the width. I had to overlap like a 1/4 of the width to cover the header with a 15ft roll, so get a 25ft roll for a header.

Damn that sucks I already ordered the 2 15 and they shipped it .

Damn that sucks I already ordered the 2 15 and they shipped it .

You need to start at the opposite end of where the header meets the engine, so the overlaps go with the wind. if your 15' doesnt wrap all the way from the joint between the header, and the mid pipe, just start over and this time, dont start all the way on the end.

I made a 15' roll fit but it's not overlapped by half the width. you can see in the pictures the overlap is close to the edges of the wraps on the header but the mid pipe is overlapped correctly(by half the width).

Need to leave the ends folded over so they don't fray. And you should go twice over your starting and finishing points on the ends.

You need to start at the opposite end of where the header meets the engine, so the overlaps go with the wind. if your 15' doesnt wrap all the way from the joint between the header, and the mid pipe, just start over and this time, dont start all the way on the end.

I made a 15' roll fit but it's not overlapped by half the width. you can see in the pictures the overlap is close to the edges of the wraps on the header but the mid pipe is overlapped correctly(by half the width).

Need to leave the ends folded over so they don't fray. And you should go twice over your starting and finishing points on the ends.

Thanks bro great info . I'm sure wrapping the head pipe would help out alot with the heat until I can get the rear pipe wrapped to.

Back