exhaust wrap

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The best stuff I have found is:

DEI Titanium EXhaust Wrap With LR Technology
dei-exhaustwrap-titanium.jpg

My O'Reilly's has DEI Titanium Exhaust Wrap in stock. I'm going to give it a shot. A parts guy at a local motorcycle shop said the inside of the pipes might get too hot and destroy my slip on. I called FMF, they said it wont be a problem. :tup:

The Fiberglass stuff should be coated with HT silicone spray but the DEI Titanium Wrap should not be coated. It's made out of LAVA!:haha:

The best stuff I have found is:

DEI Titanium EXhaust Wrap With LR Technology
dei-exhaustwrap-titanium.jpg

My O'Reilly's has DEI Titanium Exhaust Wrap in stock. I'm going to give it a shot. A parts guy at a local motorcycle shop said the inside of the pipes might get too hot and destroy my slip on. I called FMF, they said it wont be a problem. :tup:

The Fiberglass stuff should be coated with HT silicone spray but the DEI Titanium Wrap should not be coated. It's made out of LAVA!:haha:

You should do a write up on Installation.

Any automotive headers I've seen have not been stainless, only standard steel, chromed, or cerramic coated. Nearly all headers you seen on cars are the cheaper, standard steel, headers because the every day car buff can't (or doesn't want to) afford headers that cost more then a set of heads.

There are all kinds of stainless headers and exhausts for cars and trucks. Usually 304 stainless, and many are ceramic coated over the stainless to provide a similar effect to wrap (keep under hood temps lower, and keep the exhaust gases hotter for higher velocity).

The High Temp Silicone Spray coating is to keep oil and debris off fiberglass wraps. Oil on your wrap will mess it up. the DEI titanium is oil resistant, not even the spray will stick to it.

Should smoke (burn off) be expected after install for a short period of time??

Can I just use radiator clamps to hold it?? Or will the melt off?

You could use those. If you can find high pressure house clamps in a large enough diameter it will look and hold better but typical worm clamps are fine.

I have Kooks stainless headers on my LT1 Z28, they were pricey but fit very nice. I paid the extra money fit them b/c I wanted them to be on the car as long as I owned it. So far they've been on since 06, No problems. I had wrapped plain steel headers on a Mustang for several years without problems. She was my daily driver with a cheap set of Flowteck headers that fit very well but weren't fancy. I wrapped them and never looked back. They were still in the car when I sold it and I wouldn't think twice about using the. same setup on one of those cars again.

Should smoke (burn off) be expected after install for a short period of time??

Yes. It steams/smokes for like 10-20 minutes and turns a bit lighter color. You are supposed to soak it in water before you wrap it around. The wrap stretches when wet and will shrink and form to the pipe when it dries. If you waited a year before running it, I guess it might not smoke.

I wont be making a write up on how to install it right now but ill surely review it after this weekend. That's 2 15ft rolls, 8 metal zip ties, and 2 jubilee clamps. It might take you a couple hours to get it right. on the header, i ran out and had to undo it and re-wrap with less overlap.
IMAG0061_zpscc7f4ee7.jpg

IMAG0059_zps7d684768.jpg

IMAG0058_zps0b2a147d.jpg
IMAG0057_zpsbbd85c0b.jpg

So the 15' was just enough after you did it right?? Did you have any left over ??

Back