exhaust smoking?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamaballer97

Reaction score
Alright, not too long ago I bought a 2000 Yamaha Warrior. And like the typical four wheeler this exhaust was all rusted, so I pulled her off sand blasted her, the did three coats of engine paint (heat paint). Once I had put it back on, it ran okay when started. I started it up today (about 3 days later) and it started sputtering and died. I started it up again and continued to lightly rev and noticed smoke coming up. I looked down at the exhaust and smoke was coming out of the head around the plate that attatches the head pipe to the head. Not too sure what to do. I don't know if there was supposed to be a gasket there or what is going on? Please help me as soon as possible!
Thanks, Josh

Ok I'm a bit confused about the question here?
Are you just asking about the gasket, cause there was cold exhaust seeping out of the head pipe? Or was it cause the motor was smoking more than normal?

yeah and with that high temp paint it will smoke for the first few rides and has a bad smell but will cure and not smell anymore

Is it louder then normal? Did you remove the WHOLE system or just the muffler? Did you break one of the studs that go into the head?

She ment that she doesn't even own a warrior, hauler. Not that she doesn't own a 1st gen.

Okay, I've been looking at it and I think it is just smoking from the head pipe "plate" sitting against the head and getting hot. The stud is fine, I pulled the whole exhaust off, and I wasn't sure about the gasket because it didn't have one when I pulled it off, but I figured it should. Thanks for the replies, really appreciate it.

The gasket likes to stay in the head. If the gasket was not in there at all, the header would never be tight.

yamaballer97 i would say its junk and you need a new one and you should of kept your skeert bike.. haha

Back