Exhaust choices/help

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamarider

Reaction score
Ok, so since i've got my dr350 (about 3 weeks) i've been in a search to find a decent, cheap exhaust for it that is loud enough that it can be heard, but not so loud that i get in trouble for noise violations. I've looked everywhere I can think of, probably checked 15 different web sites, and only came up with a few options.

-FMF Q slip-on : $330, seems too expensive and too quiet
-FMF Powercore 4 slip-on : $240, seems to be the best choice, but not adjustable for sound levels if i need it quiet
-Pro Circuit T4 Full system : $450, costs more than half of what the bike did!!!
-Supertrapp race series slip on : $205, nice that it's adjustable, but it's a supertrapp
-Supertrapp IDS2 slip on : $220, nice that it's adjustable, looks good, but it's still a supertrapp
(i'm not a big believer in disc arrested exhausts, I feel they are too restrictive and cause too much heat build up from the back pressure, and minimal power gains)
-Jetson CZR slip-on : $130, Ebay brand - cheap, but not a very well known brand, and mostly known for being loud and easily broken
-Modify the stock exhaust : (priceless haha) Some power gains, gives the exhaust a deep, mellow note that's not too loud, but it's ugly and heavy
-Keep the stock exhaust as it is : Sounds like someone farting through a pillow (very restricted, can barely hear it unless you're standing with your ear to the business end of it), still ugly and heavy, but so damn quiet that from what i've learned, you can sneak up on pretty much any nighttime creature at 60 mph and not scare them off the road (yeah, the deer don't run away from me, which kinda makes me nervous riding at night)
So those are the options i'm choosing from right now, unless someone has better sources than I do, and can find something better or for less.

Right now i'm really split on this. Let's hear some opinions, what would you guys pick? Anybody know of a web site that sells parts that went out of production? There used to be all kinds of stuff for this bike but they haven't been made since 99 so the aftermarket kinda bailed on it.

FMF Powercore 4, for price and quality reasons. Loud pipes, save lives.

Yeah, that's probably what i'm going to go with, although the CZR is still tempting... it looks good, it's loud, and it's cheap and lightweight. How much could possibly break on it, especially on a bike that doesn't get pounded off road much at all.

The exhaust is going to get put on hold though, until i get the more mandatory stuff taken care of. Yesterday I noticed that the rear shock is starting to leak oil pretty bad, it probably only has a couple hours of riding left before it's completely gone, and it needs a clutch cable too, which is kinda minor, but still another $30 to spend. I haven't decided what i'm doing with the shock yet. I can send it out and get it rebuilt for about 150, or i can take my chances on a used one on ebay for about half that. I'm definitely leaning towards getting this one rebuilt right now. I know this shock is solid internally and externally because it worked well when i got the bike, and will probably perform 10 times better with fresh oil and gas in it. The only shock on ebay right now is only a few years newer than mine, and looks to be in kinda rough condition. The lower mount was repaired, it looks like crap, and they still want 50-something plus shipping.

I'll tell ya, looking for parts for an old suzuki bike really makes a guy appreciate how easy it is to get parts for yamaha quads. Hell, it's easier to get aftermarket parts for utility quads than it is for this bike!

Add a friggin thrust bearing and clutch friction plates to the list... took it apart today to replace the clutch cover gasket and investigate why the clutch was dragging worse and worse, and there's little pieces of the thrust bearing all over the place, that'll explain it. Clutch looked a little thin so i figured i might as well replace that while i'm in there.

Now to figure out how to wrangle up all the little bits of steel that are probably all over the place in the bottom of the engine case now...

Shoulda known better than to buy an old suzuki.

Latest posts

Back