epi clutch springs

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

04wolverine

Reaction score
ive been seeing people with heavy duty clutch springs from epi. can anyone tell me what this does for you, and how much they are. and if they would recomend them. thanx.

04wolverine said:
ive been seeing people with heavy duty clutch springs from epi. can anyone tell me what this does for you, and how much they are. and if they would recomend them. thanx.

The EPI Kit that I have basically makes you have to get higher in the RPM?s to get the clutch to engage. Kinda like a stall converter in a drag car. Basically more throttle to get the bike moving!!! In my case It helps offset the bigger tires I have. I believe I paid $200 for my kit but you might be able to find one for a little less. It really all depends on bike application (like what year and so on) Do a google search and Im sure you?ll come across something. Keep in mind if you get a high stall kit it is more geared for low end gains and you will loose some top end (I lost like 3-6mph on top out speed). But low end is what I was gunning for!! Hope this helps.

I also have been considering the springs for my 350. I think the ones for the 350 run around 50$. I would love to hear some input from anyone who has experience with these!

Ive heard the cluch springs for the pre 06' models are nothing that increase preformance just a replacement, but I am just saying what I ve heard once or twice which could very well not be true.

I too am wondering about any more information about this clutch kit...I am interested in how to install the product and how it will work for my 350..I run bigger tires so I think this would be a great add on for my wolvy. If anyone can give some info please post
thanks

For the older machines (the 5speed auto cluthers), the spring kits do work well. I did buy a kit for mine, but unfortunately, there was a clutch design change (I think it was '98 or '99) and my machine is of the original style - thus the EPI kit wouldn't work.

You may ask why I know about them then. Well, I've installed a set in an Arctic Cat (again, 5speed auto clutcher) for a riding buddy. He was more than impressed with the power he got back in the low end. He had upgraded to some 26" mudders and was disappointed with the losses. He said the EPI clutch kit got it back and just a little bit more.

For $50.00 or so, it's a good mod - provided it'll fit your machine. If need be, I'll do a bit of digging and find out exactly when the crossover of clutches was.

springs

I rode today for the first time after installing the epi clutch springs and wow they make a huge difference. i have 26'' mud bugs and all i do is play in the mud and deep water. i hit pits i had trouble with before and now go right trough with no bogging down. tires spin full speed @ full throttle in 4wd all the way through. 2nd gear with the springs feels like 1st without them. its also alot better on hills and trails. i just wish i got them sooner!!! also they are very easy to install. i highly reccomend them, even though 50 bucks for 5 small springs is a bit much, its well worth it.

clutch spring upgrade

I have seen Barnett "heavy duty" clutch springs for as little as 20.00 for the 350...anyone know if they are the same idea as the Epi kit?

Re: springs

WolvyRider said:
I rode today for the first time after installing the epi clutch springs and wow they make a huge difference. i have 26'' mud bugs and all i do is play in the mud and deep water. i hit pits i had trouble with before and now go right trough with no bogging down. tires spin full speed @ full throttle in 4wd all the way through. 2nd gear with the springs feels like 1st without them. its also alot better on hills and trails. i just wish i got them sooner!!! also they are very easy to install. i highly reccomend them, even though 50 bucks for 5 small springs is a bit much, its well worth it.

Yeah....50 bucks for 5 small springs is a bit rediculous but the performance change is probably well worth it AND the question of the day is where the heck did you find them? I Googled for them with no luck. Thanks in advance for your help.

<><

Back