EPI Clutch install help????

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I own a 2004 Wolverine I recently installed an HMF pipe,K&N,and stage 1 jet kit. I also purchased an EPI clutch kit but have no idea how to install it does anyone have or know of a guide to help with the install? Also how long does it take to put in and how involved is it?

Thanks

This isn't a wolverine, but the concept is exactly the same and most of the steps are the same.

If you can't click on his pics, you might need to register as a user. I referenced it as I read it once before doing the same kit on a customer's AC 500 - which was almost identical to doing mine.

Its a straight forward install, I think it took me around an hour, and I was taking my time. All the instructions should be in the box that the springs came in. From what I can remember, you gotta take the right side cover off of the engine to gain access to the clutch pack. I stood my bike up on its rear rack/ bumper to do the work so I wasnt laying on the cold concrete.Undo the nut that holds the clutch pack on, slide it off, and start to dis-assemble. Just keep everything in order, and dont flip things over and end up installing them upside down. The only really tricky part was once you opened up the clutch pack and started changing the springs, trying to stretch the new replacement springs far enough to hook both ends sucked. I found if you slid the weights up, they would come in together closer to do the springs. Then you shove'm back down, install the plates and c- clips, throw it back in the bike and bolt it down. I didnt get a new gasket with my spring kit, so I just used some orange rtv silicone.Still goin strong over a year later! Good luck, man, you shouldnt have any problems.

It allows the engine to make a few hundred more rpm before engaging. Since the bottom end torque of the 350 leaves alot to be desired it'll allow you to turn the tires in deeper mud before bogging down, or make up for power lost by running a larger set of tires. You'll notice it seems to 'lunge' forward from a standing start at first, its a little touchier trying to putt around, but you get used to it quick.

Back