Engine wont stay running

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsxguy77

Reaction score
So I haven't been using my Wolverine for about 2 months. Anyway, I started it up a few times in the past 2 weeks and it keeps stalling out. It has oil, the air filter is clean, it has gas, the gas is in the on position. I have no idea what else to check or look for.

Any ideas?? I want to start using this thing again and its practically new!!

tsxguy77 said:
So I haven't been using my Wolverine for about 2 months. Anyway, I started it up a few times in the past 2 weeks and it keeps stalling out. It has oil, the air filter is clean, it has gas, the gas is in the on position. I have no idea what else to check or look for.

Any ideas?? I want to start using this thing again and its practically new!!

i would pull and clean the plug.also put fresh gas in it.... those are the firat two things i would do ..... :D :D

Thanks Chevy. Im going to check the plugs this weekend. I think the fuel is the issue though because it runs fine when the fuel switch is off, but once I turn the fuel on or put the reserve on, it stalls out.

Maybe I should add fuel stabilizer to it? I heard its good to always add some often to the tank of ATV's. what you guys think?

tsxguy77 said:
Thanks Chevy. Im going to check the plugs this weekend. I think the fuel is the issue though because it runs fine when the fuel switch is off, but once I turn the fuel on or put the reserve on, it stalls out.

Maybe I should add fuel stabilizer to it? I heard its good to always add some often to the tank of ATV's. what you guys think?

never hurts to toss on a 5 $ fuel filter too....i bet drsining the gas and putting fresh stuff in would fix it...could be a pluged jet too..

How can I drain the gas? Do I need to get a syphon I guess? I hope its not a clogged jet, cause I have no idea how to fix that. Also, what type of oil filters you guys use? Im going to change my oil this weekend for the first time. I just called the local Yamaha dealer and they couldnt find the fuel pump in their computer. Dopes.

tsxguy77 said:
How can I drain the gas? Do I need to get a syphon I guess? I hope its not a clogged jet, cause I have no idea how to fix that. Also, what type of oil filters you guys use? Im going to change my oil this weekend for the first time. I just called the local Yamaha dealer and they couldnt find the fuel pump in their computer. Dopes.

well how i would do it is off the hose coming off the shut off valve, follow it to the carb and take it off at the carb.... get something to drain it into and turn on the gas and drain.....i would also put on a filter inbetween there as well....jets are not too hard to clean, just make sure that you are carefull removing the screws from the floatbowl.... they tend to strip easy....i replace mine everytime i take mine off.just to be able to start fresh. there just a 4mm screw....

Back