engine swaps (pics)

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice man glad to see you made it this is where the warrior belongs ... noticed your from London im like 3h away from you in ottawa

Gentleman, I've made the trek across the internet and have found my way here. That's my creation in the youtube link. I probably would have started on YFM350 if I found it first.

I'll post a thread about my quad soon.

That thing turned out great man. From a far it appears to be a stock 1st gen warrior until ya redline it haha:tup:

Gentleman, I've made the trek across the internet and have found my way here. That's my creation in the youtube link. I probably would have started on YFM350 if I found it first.

I'll post a thread about my quad soon.

AWESOME. Welcome. I take it you found my posts on youtube? Kick ass whip you built there man. This place is 500x's better then bluetraxx.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I think i may hang out here for a while..

I've only had the bike out a couple times since the swap, maybe 20L of fuel (it does like the gas when you drive it hard). I have the rear end apart right now. The sprocket hub I'm using is from a gen 2 Warrior because i needed the 6 bolt sprocket to get a 48T rear gear. The hub i found wasn't in that good of shape and now the splines have slipped a couple times. I found another axle and sprocket hub from a guy on Kijiji and will put it back together tomorrow after i find some new bearings that aren't made in china. I want to install something good in the rear end that will last.

Do you guys have any secrets for eliminating play on the splines sprocket hub to axle? the new stuff I have is much tighter but I want to make sure it doesn't move again. Some kind of lock-tight...?

If i get it together tomorrow I'll probably have it out on the trails later this week. my next task is to put a thumb throttle back on it. I dont mind the twist when im going fast out in the open but in tight trails i think the thumb will offer more control. Its not at all hard to be reving 9-10 grand at low speeds and the slightest bump or twitch launches the bike into warp drive. Making me want to use a higher gear and only chugging along at 6 grand. I may have a problem finding a throttle cable that will work with the drum type setup the carbs have.

Bones: I wish it were only 3 hours, its a good 650km, i grew up in the Prescott area.

Rather then just hijack this thread i'll post a couple pics.
17ef7265.jpg

dc8e5504.jpg

3fdf869d.jpg

7b61d90e.jpg

my bad man i was thinking it was close to berry than it is (berry i have done in 3.5h) ... yeah it would be 5-6 hours maybe Prescott area ? i am from morrisburg

Last edited:
That exhaust turned out awesome, most hybrids out there, the exhaust is the worst part about them, not this one:tup:

The exhaust was one of the more costly parts of the build $250!! That was after I cut up the factory header and tacked it up do it missed the frame on both sides. I had the same guy build an exhaust system for my airplane a few years ago that turned out really nice.

That exhaust turned out awesome, most hybrids out there, the exhaust is the worst part about them, not this one:tup:

:tup::tup: True dat. Real smart. Kept it up high and your still able to tear it up offroad.

As far as your rear end goes :)gayfight: hahaha) you should really consider converting over to a honda style carrier. Have 87 build you one and add some length to it. and as far as your hub holding onto the axle splines, that engine is pumpin out way to much torque, perhaps drill a hole all the way through and slide in a pin to hole it all in place?

Would it be possible to set the stock tank cover back on it? Then it look like a real sleeper. Whats the air box look like now from the top?

Please start up your own post, you build desirves it!

lots of parts conversion info here as well. first thing i thought of when i saw your last vid was how much you need a set of yfz front brakes to bring that big bastard to a stop

I plan on putting a gsx-r 650 or maybe a 750 that's bored to a 915 on one of my warriors. The gsx-r runs on alcohol. Any ideas on motor mount and frame reinforcements?

Well I guess I can post a pic of the 490 Hybrid in this thread.
I see theres an old pic of just the frame on here.. lol
For those who don't know. The motor is out of an 83' Yamaha IT490, and I'm running a TRX250R exhaust. It makes around 45hp, and the total weight of the quad is 320lbs. :evilface:
Quad22.jpg

.......Wish we could see that ^ in action.....
I know I said this before, but a video's come'n.
Winter snuck up on us early this year, and riding this thing in the snow isn't ideal.
I'm also worried that the swinger will fail on me, and I don't have the money for a new one right now. I've been a bit sketchy about riding it since I snapped the chain.

Latest posts

Back