Engine set in oil and gasoline for couple years

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maddmaxx660

Reaction score
Hey guys, a veteran in quads. This is a new one for me and not sure how to handle it. Bought a project 1998 warrior 350, pulled the oil plug and out came a gallon of oil and gasoline. Petcock was bad as was needle and seat, and for whatever reason overflow obviously wasn’t happening and everything seeped into the crank case. The bike was never ran with gasoline in the oil. My question is, is the crank case junk now or should it be OK after it’s cleaned out?

Thanks guys,

Max

Wait... that mix actually stayed IN the engine? Count yourself lucky, most project quads would have leaked that right out

It's alright our warrior engine was in a metal roofing tar bucket submerged in oil for years. Took it out cleaned everything up reassembled it and was fine. Just never use cheap Chinese parts they aren't worth the hassle or the money. Alot of people try to save money on their quad and use that junk in their rebuilds and end up with alot of hassle. Mostly because they need a entire engine rebuild after. I was taught something years ago and that was never use a cheap timing chain unless you're prepared to replace your entire engine with new parts. These cheap rebuilds are never worth the hassle in the long run. Good luck with your rebuild bud!

It was a piece of junk…everything on it needed replacing…shame on me for not looking it over before I bought it…I traded it for a couple modified Traxxas cars and equipment…lost 400 bucks on the trade but better than a total loss…moving on to a 87 warrior I picked up in much better shape but needs tlc….thanks for the replies guys!

Our was the same way it never was greased everything had the stock blue grease and bad rust in everything. We even had to cut the swingarm bolt off and press all the bad junk old bearings out. Had to replace every front suspension arm and part. Even shocks and rear shock bearings. We had to repair the frame in 4 spots and add a new piece under the battery box cause it was rusted clean off. But after around 2200$ in parts and it's a brand new quad plus all the bling parts has about 4000$ in labor. I'm glad we do the labor and assembly in our own shop so no insane labor costs thank God.

Marvel mystery oil is awesome product use some of it in the first start up we usually use about 2/3rds of Marvel mystery oil with oil to start it up and get things back together and all adjusted correctly. Then run it about 20 minutes and change it out with fresh oil and filter. All that junk in it will break down and come out pretty good.

Marvels Mystery Oil is like Magic for Warriors . Used it in my y rebuilt 2002 warrior got it with a **** frame so I swapped it to a 99 frame and rebuilt.the entire bike. All Genuine OEM besides the DG Exhaust and Drocon CDI.

Attachments

• 20230710_192225.jpg
    20230710_192225.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2

Latest posts

Back