engine rebuild questions

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speedped79

Reaction score
ok my 93 warriors been puffing blue smoke and it was getting worse and worse so today i tore it down. my cylender is perfect not one scratch but my valves are covered with burnt oil and the top part of the head had oil in it idk if its supposed to or not. the piston and rings look good too. so what was causing my smoking? also when i put new rings on where do the gaps face? and is there any other info that would be helpful to me when reassembling my motor

they have to be at 3 different positions.... 3 oclock, 6 oclock and 9 oclock....u should be able to dl a service manual to see which goes where...i forgot from when i did mine.

the last ring set i bought had a picture showing what ways to face the gaps, but like metioned earilier 3,6, and 9 are about right.

you should get directions with new rings ......3,6,9,......but just because your cylinder isnt scratched up doesnt mean its ok, have it checked with a micrometer it could have a bad taper i had one jug tapered .007 you may want to have it bored 1 over . piston and machine work should be around 150 or get valves done for another 80 ............ your there now you should just spend a little extra and know you have a new motor......... ;)

Latest posts

Back