engine rebuild help

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrior stu

Reaction score
i know that this has bean talked about allot but know one has side in the threads what indicates a need for boring when is honing not enuff and is burning oil a reason to bore or is there really no knowing until you open it up and when its open how do you know with out sending it off

If you have a Clymer manual it tells you the specs for limits of cylinder diameter. If its out of those specs its time to bore.

From what i know burning oil is 2 things either your valve seals are going or your rings are going. You can replace rings without the need to bore the cylinder. When you take the jug off you will need to take a few measurements with a bore gauge. If its out of specs then you need to bore if within then just replace rings and a quick hone and you should be good

we are good

sorry its bean a bit bean working OK so the head was still in spec and only need honing all is dun and panted the engine with hi temp and baked it it looks awesome if any one is wondering 550 f temp paint from auto zone will work and you dont need to remove the stater to bake it i did all the motor pisses since i am doing a full re build so im just getting done and all that is left is to have the carb rebilt ill put up pic when its done this thing looks powdercoted but its not lol i love this paint going to start on patting the rest of the parts on it and bake them and make it look near new

Back