Engine no start

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vegasraptor

Reaction score
I have a Raptor 350, the other day while I was riding it, the engine backfired and then shut off. I looked in the gas tank and it looked low so I swithced to the res tank and tried to start it. It took it several try's but it started, I thought maybe it just got flooded. Anyway I rode back to my trailer, and just as I got there it shut off again. I looked again in the gas tank and it seemed to still have plenty of gas, so after several more try's I got it started and took it home. So a few days went by before it could look at it, and when I did I filled it up with new gas and tried to start it with no luck. I pulled the spark out and it was wet, but when I grounded the plug and tried to start it there was no spark. Any ideas?

did you check for spark with the wet plug? If so, that's probably the only reason you didn't get any spark. A wet plug won't fire. Get a new plug and try it again.

Update: I removed the coil and shot the wire and it check bad. So went to local dealer and got a new one. I did not know the the coil and spark plug cap are two different parts. So when I saw the new one I had the tech remove the cap off my old coil and shot the wire again, and it check good. Shot the cap and it was bad, so now I have spark plug cap on order and returned the new coil. Never new the cap good go bad.

That is news to me as well. Unless the wire was disconnected from the contact inside.....

yes, me to eh? Mine just kept shutting off when i was driving down the back roads and it would just stall for like 30min. then go back on again. And it turned out to be the spark plug cap.

Yes indeed the spark plug caps on the warrior/rap350 are crapola!!! :(

Back