Elkas W/O rezzies or works W/ them

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97warriorrider

Reaction score
What would be better. I dont wanna spend alot of money on shocks. I just want something better than the stock shocks. I think the elkas would be better than the works just b/c there overall better shocks IMO. But i dont have any expierance with eather shock. Im looking at a set of elkas right now..

if i had to choose between those two i would go withthe elka's. the 450r i rode with them on it was very smooth. but i do not have any experience with works.The shocks i really want are the Fox float. if i were you i would look in to them also.

If youre looking at Works Steelers, then I'd go with the Elkas.

If youre looking at the Work Pro series, then I'd say its a toss-up based on price.

I'd get the Works. They're made with the same parts as PEP, so that should tell you something. Also, everybody I know that's had Elka said they were valved like crap when they got them. Derisi Racing has a nice upgrade package they perform on the Works if you ever want to make them better down the line and it's priced reasonably. For the money.....Works.

Copy and pasted from the Derisi website:

The Pro Millennium Kit is designed to flow fluids much better than all other pistons. With better fluid flow you have a lot more control with valving therefore your suspension can be setup more accurately. The Pro Millennium Kit is available for Works, and PEP Front Shocks. Package Includes our CNC machined Hi-Flow Pro Millennium Piston, New multi-stage valving circuits setup for your weight and type of riding/racing, new oil, seals, o-rings, and nitrogen. All Setups are 100% Guaranteed!

Pricing: $260.00 Per Pair w/ Reservoirs

Pricing: $215 Per Pair w/o Reservoirs

have you thought about banshee shocks for the front? There cheap and personally I feel they where worth the upgrade. I can jump higher and it's still a lot smoother ride. Yes there no elka or works but they get the job done.

Works without rezzies The rezzie does nothing to help the shock actually perform better. Just keeps them cooler... i see no cahnce of overheating them in any conditions unless your racing some extreme ****.

If I'm not mistaken I think he's done a few harescrambles or was thinking of doing some?? If that's the case then yeah, definately get the rezzies....

Yeah, but if you have them worked on they'll have the larger shafts. And still be cheaper with being reworked than buying off the shelf Elkas.

Off the shelf non rezzi elkas sell for $450, "IMO, I had both" I'd rather have the Elkas. DS is right the rezzi's do nothing but aid in oil cooling during racing situations.

I have works and love them, I didn't feel any difference with elkas on cept for the higher price. If you are looking for something quality and maybe a bit cheaper than works I would check into marvinshawshocks.com Everything they make is bad ass and truely built for you. Whoever said elkas were valved shitty out of the box is 100 % correct.

Elka's are just pretty ;) And they have outstanding marketing skills. I keep saying over and over PEP and Works are the same products, maybe a little better valving from PEP but that's about it.

Come on now... one little harescramle isnt going to over work a set of shocks. Nothing you would use them for would actually drastically use the shocks to a point of getting too warm. You dont hit any big jumps or anything. Ive jumped on the stock shocks for periods of over a 1/2 hour and my wheels are flipped forcing them to work even harder... and i can tell you they didnt get too warm to the point where they werent working properly.

A harescramble also has water and mud... everytime you hit some they are going to cool down some.

The point im trying to get across is that buying a set of 800 dollar shocks is pretty and may be slightly better than the works. But honestly are you ever even going to use the cheaper works to their full potential?

haha... a little hostility in the air everywhere about stupid ass shocks.

save money and buy a bike that just works better all around

Back