Elka Shock Problem

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skramblr

Reaction score
Anyone here have the Elkas on their new Wolfy?

I just got a full set for my 2007. The fronts bolted up no problem. But the rear shock doesn't fit right.

For some reason, the stock shock is held in place by a pin (not a bolt) at the lower shock mounting point. When I went to put the Elka on, the hole in the sleeve for the Elka shock appears to be a slightlly smaller diameter than the pin. So I can't get it in.

Has anyone else seen this?

I'm wondering if I just got a bogus shock (wrong part) or if they all have this problem. I'll be calling Elka tomorrow (since today is Sunday).

What's the word on this?

I'm betting there was a bolt in the box for the rear Elka mount that does fit. Personally, I hate when a manufacture does stuff like that as the bolt will now be loose in the mouting holes of the rear swingarm - which is what will wear first if it ever comes even remotely loose.

I called on Monday, the tech support person was busy on the phone so I left a message (name & phone #). After 4 hours of waiting, I called back and nobody answered the phones at all (this was during their normal business hours). Really weird, as I have contacted them a dozen times over the years and never had a problem.

On Wednesday I called again, this time I stayed on hold until the tech person was available. I explained my problem and she seemed to understand. I'm not sure who she was, but I'm not sure she was a tech. I think she is sending me a new bushing that I can put on the shock. But I'm not sure... we'll see next week when the part shows up.

One of my ridding buddies also ordered shocks for his Wolverine. Hopefully his will come in next week. Then we can see if he has the same problem.

Update - Still waiting on the part they said they were shipping me. I talked to another tech and he indicated the brass insert was easy to swap out.

My buddy also received his shocks - but hadn't had time to install them yet....

Update:

Last week my buddy installed his shocks. Bolted right up, no problem.

I got my new bushings in the mail this week. They were real easy to swap out.

After that, the shock pin fit like a glove. 15 minutes and I had the rear shock swapped out.

Tomorrow I'll give them a test run out in the snow & mud.

Here's a few picks of the bike before I loaded it up...

Elka1.jpg

Elka2.jpg

Elka3.jpg

Latest posts

Back