ELITE VOTE - Jeffsyfm350x

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffsyfm350x elite?

• Hells to the yeah!

Votes: 44 89.8%
  • Nope, just not ready.

Votes: 5 10.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lol I run it at the state fair they have drag races there! I will send you some pics when I put it on..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9310 using Tapatalk

Post them pics on here, I wanna see em too! Yeah man, I'm not afraid to admit James' Raptor scares me, and both he and Weston can tell ya I can ride. Not that I wouldn't ride it, but, I'd be dumpin money into suspension to make it safer for me.

Post them pics on here, I wanna see em too! Yeah man, I'm not afraid to admit James' Raptor scares me, and both he and Weston can tell ya I can ride. Not that I wouldn't ride it, but, I'd be dumpin money into suspension to make it safer for me.

I will actually I want to do a video just have to buy a gopro lol..I have no doubt you can ride lol..And I just dont like riding other peoples stuff period it would be the one time something happened lol.. Believe me if you were here and you seen my 490 go you would think twice about riding it..

PFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
thing is SLOW!!!!!!!!

That's on the agenda, I have to recover from the Warrior project 1st, lol!
Alex, you have no idea, it's pitiful, that's why after the suspension is straight a Cuervo ported head and custom Cam are in the plans.

Lmao I hope we recover soon but there's always something else to buy..

I will actually I want to do a video just have to buy a gopro lol..I have no doubt you can ride lol..And I just dont like riding other peoples stuff period it would be the one time something happened lol.. Believe me if you were here and you seen my 490 go you would think twice about riding it..

That's why I don't like to ride other people's **** either. And, I'm not a fan of two wheels. Ridden a bike a couple time, and it wasn't too bad. I'd probably still take yours for a spin ;)

PFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
thing is SLOW!!!!!!!!

That's on the agenda, I have to recover from the Warrior project 1st, lol!
Alex, you have no idea, it's pitiful, that's why after the suspension is straight a Cuervo ported head and custom Cam are in the plans.

You mean you intend to do more? Christ how do you plan to ride that mother! Lol. Aw who am I kidding, given the chance I'd ride it too! Just so long as it has some good suspension under it.

Lmao I hope we recover soon but there's always something else to buy..

No need to tell me! I got the 3 wheeler to do now :) I could build that sucker to make a solid 60hp, btw.

That's why I don't like to ride other people's **** either. And, I'm not a fan of two wheels. Ridden a bike a couple time, and it wasn't too bad. I'd probably still take yours for a spin ;)

You mean you intend to do more? Christ how do you plan to ride that mother! Lol. Aw who am I kidding, given the chance I'd ride it too! Just so long as it has some good suspension under it.

No need to tell me! I got the 3 wheeler to do now :) I could build that sucker to make a solid 60hp, btw.

Lol I hear ya grew up on 2 wheels sarted at five then three wheels and 4.. Now I have them all.. Oh I know what you can do with a 350x Had one for 7 years and it was one of my biggest mistakes on getting rid of it I will have another some day thats for sure..

Yeah Pat, I want more out of it, just want the suspension straight 1st, Kevin is going to help me with that part. Then will come the head work and Cam. I've talked to Daniel at Cuervo quite a bit about it a 75-76 rwhp is the goal I want to hit.

And what might that be?

Well by the sounds of it you have it figured out plus you have TWW..There was no site like that when I had mine It was p&p and big bore kit cam and carb and tranny mods but im sure they know or have told you ll the info there..

Not really. Few people say anything unless you ask. Which is fine, because I know what I'm doing. I think I told everyone what I was going to do in my newb thread. Love the site. There is no way to possibly read through any one section, it's that big and extensive.

Not really. Few people say anything unless you ask. Which is fine, because I know what I'm doing. I think I told everyone what I was going to do in my newb thread. Love the site. There is no way to possibly read through any one section, it's that big and extensive.
I hear ya there.. I read what your gonna do it will be badass!

I just got a .020" 10.25:1 Wiseco with a cylinder bored and honed for it, for $120 shipped! Been in the guys shed, he never used it, and the cylinder has some light rust on it. Nothing that a scotchbrite pad and Marvel wont cure ;) Then I only have to run the flex hone through it, check ring end gaps, and I'm good to go! After that I only need the head rebuilt and P&P, performance grind on cam and HW on rockers and the engine is done!

Yup I live and breath the YZ 490..!:evilface:

I'm a old school big bore fan to bro.. I love them all, with the early 465's being my favorite.
I have only riden my quad a few times this year.. I'm having a hard time dialing in the jetting on my PWK39. I'm also a bit sketchy about my swing arm, so I try to stay out of the power band.
But I will say this.. It really fricken hauls ass!!

But in agreeance with the other things you said, a 490 can be down right nasty!!
The 2nd gen 7 bolt, center ports can make 70hp on pump gas with the right porting, and the right expansion chamber... Though droping the squish enuf to stop pinging usually means your getting into 100 octane territory. (Or better)

I'm a old school big bore fan to bro.. I love them all, with the early 465's being my favorite.
I have only riden my quad a few times this year.. I'm having a hard time dialing in the jetting on my PWK39. I'm also a bit sketchy about my swing arm, so I try to stay out of the power band.
But I will say this.. It really fricken hauls ass!!

But in agreeance with the other things you said, a 490 can be down right nasty!!
The 2nd gen 7 bolt, center ports can make 70hp on pump gas with the right porting, and the right expansion chamber... Though droping the squish enuf to stop pinging usually means your getting into 100 octane territory. (Or better)

I hear ya bro.. Eric Gorr did the work on my head and porting about 7 years ago her the best when it comes to the 490 I run 50-50..I just say 70 + horse but its in the 80s..Its had more dont to it since Erics worked on it.. Its one nasty sob for sure:tup:

I hear ya bro.. Eric Gorr did the work on my head and porting about 7 years ago her the best when it comes to the 490 I run 50-50..I just say 70 + horse but its in the 80s..Its had more dont to it since Erics worked on it.. Its one nasty sob for sure:tup:
I did my own take on the Eric Gorr head mod, it's actually a real easy mod to do if you have access to a lathe.
I also hogged out my exhaust ports a bit, but it fucked with my exhaust timing, so I had to retard the ignition quite a bit. Now it's a bitch to get running..
I also added some bigger head studs cause the older big bores are famous for blowing the head gasket out. The bigger studs offer more clamping force over a larger area.
I also knocked .010 off the bottom of the jug, and ran the moose head gasket. It's .010 thinner than a stock gasket..
I can run on 93 pump gas, but it really likes the 100 octane you can buy at the airport.

Last edited:
Back