Eletrically Problems Are Frustrating Me

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnsonty1024

Reaction score
I cant seem to figure out what the issue is with my 87 first gen warrior.i hooked my quad of to my truck to give it a jump because my battery was dead.the Push button starter isnt working nor is it giving me no response at all.i tried to see if it was the key ignition that was messed up and i found out that the wires might be crossed because it starts when the key is off but not when its turned on.i checked the coil spark plug wire and that isnt sending off any spark either.it only starts when i put a flat head screw driver over the starter relay solenoid. so i got it to start today but it took me 15 minutes after i adjusted to idle screw on the carb.then i went to go ride again tonight and it wouldnt kick over at all.so can anyone give me some advice on what to do or replace...i am open to all suggestions/tips/advice.

Last edited:
Sounds like you need a new starter relay if it will start with a screwdriver

there are so many things it could be, i just had the same problem with mine. To start i'd clean your handlebar switch out really good with contact cleaner clean and grease all your connections with dielectric grease. Also check your reverse and neutral sensors that thread into the bottom end on the left hand side of the case, the wires there also. ANd it wouldn't hurt to get another voltage regulator off of ebay or something. Multimeter would be a handy tool too. Good luck my friend, its a bitch but don't give up

Latest posts

Back