Electrical problem

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YFMwarriorbrady

Reaction score
I'm new but I have a problem I turn my key to my 1999 Yamaha warrior the lights don't turn starter doesn't work No dash lights I replaced the solenoid under the left rear fender, replaced the fuse still Nothing can anybody help, also has a brand new battery

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

My Dad says that the switch should be the problem but I'll definitely check tho

The reverse light turns on when the engine runs the headlights also work when it Is running,

No I can pop start it and when it's running and I turn on the headlights they work so does the neutral and reverse light but when it's off Nothing works and no

Also the neutral light only comes on when the headlights are on

Something is fucked up with your wiring. Either something is shorting or something is plugged in in the wrong place.

It worked fine 1 day I started it and then parked it in the garage went outside the next morning and Nothing

Have you checked the main fuse? Is the solenoid clicking, does it do anything at all when u hit the button? Check your voltage at the battery and all your connections.

Battery Is fully charged it'll start my brothers esprit 770 Big bore, I checked the fuse under the left rear fender it's fine when I turn the key there Is Nothing No lights No clicking when I hit the start button it does Nothing ,

Do you have the repair manual? Check and clean all your starter system connections, if that does not help then you either need a new switch or new solenoid. Also you can try and pull the starter out and hitting it with twelve volts if it rotates strong and fast then its fine. Ive seen some lock up do to age and use and cause similar symptoms. Your best bet is to get a diagram.of the starting system.and test each componet with a multimeter and clean ALL related connections!

Last edited:
Back