edelbrock prob

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorspeed350

Reaction score
allright you know how i was having problems getting the airbox to fit and you guys said it isnt in the boot all the way, i checked it out today and i saw that it wass loose even tho the clamp is on as tight as it will go, do you guys that have one mind postin the closeup pics of the intake boot on the engine side of the carb

any help is appreciated, thanks

~Justin~

I don't have any real good pics of it, but if the clamp is tight and the carb isn't on there solid (when it's on right, you will know it) you definitely need to push it on more. If you add a little oil on the neck of the carb and inside the manifold it will slide in much easier. Also, the aluminum spacer that goes between the manifold and the head may prevent the carb from sliding in if the spacer isn't lined up perfectly with the intake manifold.

so take it out of the boot......make sure the spacer and boot are lined up loosen the clamp and push and it should pop in and tighten and stay tight, right now the clamp is tight but the carb is coose so ill check it out tomarrow thanks, an pics are appreciated

Just loosen up that clamp so it's got some slack in it, put some kind of oil on the carb neck and inside the manifold, and it should just slide right in. When it goes in right you will know it, because you will be able to feel it click into a groove. Then tighten the clamp back up and you're ready to go. If you oil up the parts and wiggle it around some and it still doesn't want to slide in, then check and make sure the manifold and spacer are in line.

alllright thanks.....also i have been running rich and i was wondering how i could correct this....the dial has been turned to back out the needle but it is never enugh.....dont i have to replace the needle?, if so how do i do it?....im not a car kind of guy

im having the same problem with mine. it wont go in. make sure the clamp is positioned correctly too, it'll give a little more slack.

Ya.............Like YamRider said, oil or grease it up. I'm a mechanical kinda guy, there was no way possible my carb was sliding in all the way without some lube.

It goes in easily initially...........But to get it to slide into the inner hole theat seals it up was a bitch with lube....................and not possible without.

Ya.............Like YamRider said, oil or grease it up. I'm a mechanical kinda guy, there was no way possible my carb was sliding in all the way without some lube.

It goes in easily initially...........But to get it to slide into the inner hole theat seals it up was a bitch with lube....................and not possible without.

Ive put mine in the hole without lube many times.

Dont be afraid to use some force, it has to set in that groove or it will never seal.

Since you have to loosen the clamp just pull the carb out and change the needle, its drop dead simple to do.

proceed on how to do so, will that fix the running rich....which needle should i use?

You have to do some runs to figure out what needle "feels best". Then when you find the needle you want to use start nit pick dialing it in.

[quote author=jmcelwee board=quadrelated thread=1160081908 post=1160184879]

Ive put mine in the hole without lube many times.

Dont be afraid to use some force, it has to set in that groove or it will never seal.

thats all it takes.....how do you take the needle out.......im not a carb kind of guy

also what could be the problem with the throttle.....when it gets wet or i go through a big puddle it sticks and it is verry hard to ride the trails cause i have to always burp the throttle to get it to idle right

If you have a manual for the carb it explains all this stuff, your throttle sticking is just becuase the thing needs lubed up, lube the cable, throttle housing, and the carb slide.

I had the same problem with my throttle sticking on my Edelbrock, it was a combination of the throttle spring not being stiff enough and the throttle wheel was a little out of line with the cable. All the lube in the world wouldn't help mine, I had to wind the spring around one more loop and center the throttle wheel and now everything is fine. ;D
Hope this helps. ;) I know what your going through with the getting wet and the throttle sticking.

Latest posts

Back