edelbrock prob!!!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i thought for the amount of power the carb gives you, this was one of easiest mods to do

Didn't know it wasn't and it's probably cuz you keep ******* with it!

i havent done anything to it except ajust the jetting...and how didnt you know the airbox wasnt bolted down? you were the one that was fighting with it

It's very simple, and doesn't take **** for time to install. The problem could of been your throttle adjustments weren't set right, mine did that while I was riding up mt houghton. That's more than likely your problem. Another issue might be the slide assembly, that might not be right, never hurts to check it out if all else fails. You should be able to have it taken off and the top of the carb opened within 15 minutes, if you can't you suck!!! ;) ;D ;D

one thing I just though of is the vent hoses- they could be getting hung up on the red wheel on the carb and keeping it from closing properly. I know when I got my edel they were rubbing the wheel, so I shortened them up a little.

i would try lubing the cable too and make sure its not hung up on something. i had a twist throttle put on and the dickfaces that did it ghetto-rigged a cable with a splice in it. a few months later, the cable kept popping out of the top of the splice when i would turn the bars to the left, causing it to rev. it also got stuck open while i was riding trails. i was only in first gear and it wasnt really bad, just kinda like an unwanted/unexpected cruise control. i put heatshrink tubing over the splice so it wont pop out anymore, but i got an original thumb throttle coming in tomorrow, so i wont have the twist anymore. good luck. if the carb is such a hassle and pain in the ass, you could just give it to me. i think thats about all i need for my motor now except maybe for a stroker crank!

i moved the tube that was touching the big wheel and put a **** load of lithium grease onside the throttle housing so i have to wait until next ride

i rode on thursday and it held up until we started plowing through water that was a foot deep in third gear disabling site

Back