Edelbrock Carb

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pelphrey

Reaction score
I've been thinking about buying one for about a year now. I haven't bought anything in months so I figured I might as well get one now. However I still haven't made up my mind yet. I really don't know how much more money I want to put into the warrior, but on another note Im not going to get rid of it. It and everything on it is paid for. I have plans in the future to upgrade and let my girl rid it. I know the edel is going to make that much of a difference for her so thats not an issue.

What I need you guys to do is talk me into getting it. Tell me why I should get it. I just need a little push then maybe I will step up and drop the cash on it.

There is no possible way you could go wrong by getting this carb, it only benefits you, you will see the first time your crusing along and just stab the throttle, it's an awsome feeling.

what do you guys think would be a better mod.. an edelbrock carb, or a HMF exhaust?

and would the edelbrock carb cost more, less or about the same amount of money than the exhaust?

edelbrock= 400 bucks hmf=220 bucks i would love to get an edel just cant bring myself to drop 400 bucks on a carb though.

Wow...I figured I would get bombed with replies. I've been thinking about it. I might go ahead and order one next week.

As much as I don't want to put more money into the warrior I've been thinking a lot about that 446 kit also dave. So you might want to start to talk me into that also. haha

the thing I don't get is why do you guys put all this money into your warriors, when the better thing to do would be get a faster quad? just confuses me

I've been thinking of the 446 also but it wont be till this summer but then i'll have to install an oil cooler too....So i duno, i want more power, im thinking of having a port and polish done but not sure if its worth it.

the thing I don't get is why do you guys put all this money into your warriors, when the better thing to do would be get a faster quad? just confuses me

I got a little money to blow....

MoneyIntheBank.jpg

SHOW OFF....LOL When i have my job in the summer i have more extra $$$ than that just for the warrior, but it never last long

ya, hopefully I can get a job. my friend can hook me up at tim hortons he asaid a whilke ago but my dad says thats not a good job. and I told him well thats not gunan be the job I have for the rest of my life.... but whenever i make money I blow it! LOL I bought a 700 dollar bike but payed like 600 cause they gave me 200 for my BMX. but hopefulyl I get a good job. my only job right now is cutting grass..

It's a disease.

what do you guys think would be a better mod.. an edelbrock carb, or a HMF exhaust?

and would the edelbrock carb cost more, less or about the same amount of money than the exhaust?

If you get the HMF, you're going to need to rejet, and that stock carb is a pain in the ass to get jetted right sometimes. So depending on if you jet it yourself or get a shop to do it, the HMF and rejet could easily be more than the cost of the edelbrock installed yourself.

SHOW OFF....LOL When i have my job in the summer i have more extra $$$ than that just for the warrior, but it never last long

I might be a show off. But when I bought my warrior I paid $660 dollar for a 5 year warranty. And it was 100% money back if I didn't use the warranty. Well I sent all the paper work in (which my dealer helped me because you only get one chance to send it in) and I have been waiting since before thanksgiving for that 660.

Well last Tuesday I got a letter from the warranty company saying they never heard of me nor got a payment. So I went straight to the dealer showed them the letter and a week later I talked to the GM there. It took a matter of 5 minutes for him to refund me my $660. Which yeah they screwed me and didn't send the money in, but I was very polite with them and they took care of the matter quickly which a week isn't long at all to me.

Not only that the GM there offered me a job as a sales person which I did not take. I am not a good people person. But we got on the subject of ebay and I might have a job as a "internet sales person". Myself and the GM there are working on the details. He showed me around the building and took me to this back room with over stock in it. There were Id say easily over 300 wake boards hundreds of snow boards and all kinds of other junk laying back there. Not to mention the used atv/boat parts laying around the shop.

I'll continue to buy stuff off the internet and yeah my dealer made a mistake but they corrected it and thats something I will gladly tell people if they ask about this place.

Hopefully I can get paid by them to sale stuff on the internet. How easy would that be. haha..

Anyway thats where most of that money came from. Im 85% sure Im going to get the edel. I haven't bought anything for the warrior since the dyna ignition so this will be a nice upgrade to go along with the dyna. After that who knows what I'll buy next. Stay Tuned....

Hey pelph even if your not looking to blow that much into the Warrior, the Hotrods 400 kit is also a good choice. But total cost for a 446 kit with your assembly runs $1300. I'll break it down for ya, crank, sleave, piston and rings, $649, HD clutch springs $20, I needed new valves because I never adjusted them right lol $89, Port and flow head $175, machine work which consisted of boring the two case halves for the bigger sleave, pressing out and in the new sleave plus boring the the new sleave to size, a valve job + dissasembly and reasembly of head, $200. The things you will need that I already had were, a cam and springs with titanium retainers $190, couple this with a good exhaust and an Edelbrock and Mickey says 45 to 48HP, a stock carb made 42HP his dyno test.

The 400 Kit is tempting. However when I do things I tend to go all out. Because once the 400 would be complete I wouldn't be happy. So we will see. I would like to get a arms and shocks before I tear the engine apart.

Latest posts

Back