Edelbrock Carb Problems?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98warrior

Reaction score
Alright I wana hear from anyone that owns/has owned an edelbrock. Dave I know you've got one so hear me out. I've been told by various people and researched that edelbrock carbs have quite a few various problems such as while your riding the idle goes up real high and you have to adjust it back down, a really stiff thumb throttle, something about the accelerator pump sticking, have to constantly adjust it and just a bunch of various little problems. Has anyone here had any of these problems? I'm possibly buying a used edel and dont wana waste $150 for something that needs constantly tinkered with and tuned.

Comon guys, I dont wana get screwed on this deal or pass up a good carb. Edel owners speak out!!!

Sorry dude haven't had any of those problems you speak of. It's a great carb and is easy as hell to adjust.

Alright I wana hear from anyone that owns/has owned an edelbrock. Dave I know you've got one so hear me out. I've been told by various people and researched that edelbrock carbs have quite a few various problems such as while your riding the idle goes up real high and you have to adjust it back down, a really stiff thumb throttle, something about the accelerator pump sticking, have to constantly adjust it and just a bunch of various little problems. Has anyone here had any of these problems? I'm possibly buying a used edel and dont wana waste $150 for something that needs constantly tinkered with and tuned.

Chad, edelbrock sells two kits... the 34x38mm bore and the 40mm..
I'd rather have the 40mm IMO but either of the kits are great. For the price I'd get it.
They have a little stiffer thumb throttle because of the flat slide design to help bring back down to an idle.. sometimes the slides tend to get stuck but this almost never happens.
The accel pump is IMO one of the best features about the edel, when you slowy open the throttle there is no pump action.. when you roll it on fast then it works. This is a great feature.
Sounds to me like the some of these people have little idea what there doing and there jetting is off.

For a Z400, I dont like edel at all. I have a friend with a 450r now, but he use to race a z, and he hated his edel. Then I have a friend who use to own Tim farr's race Z shown in huevos 6, He swapped out that Edel for an FCR pretty fast.

Well guys for the price I'm gona buy the edelbrock and open up the intake and should notice a really good gain, people say carbs is the best mod you can do to a z. I just put a brand new drop in k&n when I got the z but I dont think I can run no lid with just a drop in k&n. I mean I took the lid off and without the lid shoving down on top of the filter its still pretty tight but would rather have a clamp on kit. But they dont just sell the clamp on part they just sell the kit which consists of a new filter that I dont need. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Well a little update guys im buying a used pro flo intake already installed in a stock airbox for 35 shipped. Dang this is becoming quite a performance budget build. Might have some unexpect $$$ left over for some bigger mods.

Back