eBay secrets???

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teamexileracing

Reaction score
So whats everyones ebay secrets on winning actions. I was looking at my ebay acount and looking at all the stuff i won for my warrior and i was wondering what other people do to win.

My secret is to bid once or twice low on the first couple days then put my highest bid that i would want to pay for it on the last or second to last day. That way it makes people think i still bid low. And in the end if noone out bids me i pay what there highest bid was instead of what mine is. And i hate dealing with the action part of loosing at the last second so i just bid a couple hours before the end and check it the next day so im not as dissapointed hahaha.

If it's somthing I want I add it to my watch list and check on it daily not making any bids so I don't contribute to driving the price up. If the price should go higher then I intended to spend I may never put a bid on it. I usually place the first bid if the price is not too high in the last min or so, then F5 to refresh every couple of seconds. I only lost a few auctions this way, but get the last laugh knowing I made that person spend more. Also keep a good eye for the number of purchases the high bidder has, usually their beginners and the first ones to place a bid days before the auction ends, and seem to be free spenders not understanding ebay well.

It's really more like what ever you're willing to spend. I don't bid on it until the last min or so. I like to watch items if I'm interest and then wait for a couple to be won and see how much I'll have to pay to win a like auction. I find paying more then half the cost of a used item that is in good condition is all I'll usally go.
Thats the best I got.

In the last hour of the auction I throw out tester bids to try and figure out what the previous bidders max bid was, i go up a couple dollars at a time. Once im high bidder I wait till the last 30 seconds and put my max bid in, and once it hits 10 seconds i actually bid it. I win 99% of the stuff I bid on this way. Its fun screwing somebody out of something at the last second.

Actualy i think ive only lost like 15 actions in my time on ebay and they were all for paintball stuff like 5 years ago when i was a newb to ebay. Ive never lost anything that i was really commmited to on ebay for my warrior with my method, well as i know of.

Back