Eating up front brake pads

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boomsling

Reaction score
My front brake pads only last one season of riding (Apr-Aug). I trail ride mostly. I ride very aggresively. Is that just the nature of the beast? Am I expecting too much out of the pads? I've used HBC and Tusk pads. They last about the same amount of time. Thoughts?

Do you ride a lot? WHat conditions do you ride in mostly? Are you sure the rotors aren't damaged?

I ride about 2-3 times a month. Mostly trails, some mud. My rotors are scored but not warped. It's probably the mud that eats the pads now that I think about it. The trails are tight and twisty, and I ride through them as fast as the quad will go. I think I need a sport quad...maybe a Raptor.

maybe ya use the brakes too much? just kiddin. my 04 has been beat to crap, never replaced front pads.

I think it's because I go flying into turns, slam on the brakes at the last second, then wide open out of the turn. Fun, but hard on the brakes.

Im have an 08 450 and killed the brakes in 300miles now I have ebc severe on and not barely worn after 700 miles I have to clean them up alot to keep them from squeeking.

Latest posts

Back