DYNATEK cdi box

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xkingraptor350x

Reaction score
are they any good and if so what can i look forward to gain with this... i just bought one and it will be here friday but i am getting anxcious and im wondering what it does performence wise...

I've noted with my that the bike has a hair more snap and pull in the mid range... I wouldn't say it's really worth it for the price.

well my stock cdi is not sending any power to my coil so i have no spark.. so i bought a new cdi box and got the dynatek

That means you would be getting the same one I got the non adjustable. It works OK, a little pricy though.

A very interesting note on this subject. From reading on z400central I would say do not buy the programmable one. Now this is just what I've heard and I'm not positive on it though but...They say the programmable one has 2(i think) different settings, one is suppose to add more hp and the other more torque. But after looking at a dyno sheet on the programmable ignition it shows that one of the settings which i think was setting 2 adds more hp/torque than setting one. And the non programmable is pre-set on setting 2 so your not paying for an extra setting that adds less hp/torque. Dont hold me to this but I'm pretty sure, btw the guy that I heard it from knows what he's talking about. His z400 is pushing 40 or 41 hp and almost 30 ft lbs of torque, pretty impressive for a z.

Oh, btw the dyno sheet was'nt one of those generic ones that a manufacturer makes up, it was an actual dynosheet that the member put up.

actually chad the non programable one has the +3 advance map which is the 02 map for my programable one and you can feel it that it hits a hair harder then the rest of the other 3 maps.
you can find it on ebay there very cheap...

actually chad the non programable one has the +3 advance map which is the 02 map for my programable one and you can feel it that it hits a hair harder then the rest of the other 3 maps.
you can find it on ebay there very cheap...
Yeah I payed $180 shipped for mine from ebay.

Jason or Dave, please explain something to me. I talked about getting a dyna ignition on zcentral and they told me not to get one unless I was gona replace the stock valve springs with stiffer ones. Why is this?

Oh dang, thanks jason. I really did'nt wana tear into the motor yet and thats why I had planned on adding as many bolt ons as possible such as the dyna ignition/edelbrock.

The dyna rocks for the warrior, it makes a big difference. The motor revs up much quicker and the power is in much more favorable places. For flat, wide, and level trails or tt use curve3 which is a high end hp setting. For hillclimbs and such go with curve1 or curve2 which are more all around or torque settings. Curve3 running with a edelbrock and good exhaust turns the warrior into quite a machine. The best part is you can program lower rev limits to protect stroker mods, and also set nitrous safe activation points above 3000 rpm. You can also add a tachometer right to it.

uh we have revlimiters? i had my engine well upthere and uhh it justkept climing

Well you dont have the power in stock trim to hit the rev limiter, so it just goes up there so high until its not making anymore power or gaining any more rpm's. On my z with the aftermarket exhaust/intake I have'nt hit the rev limiter in 5th yet, although I have'nt had the room to hold it open for very long in 5th either...

Back